Author Topic: LEXON Road Carbon Crankset  (Read 5172 times)

c.etzo

Re: LEXON Road Carbon Crankset
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2024, 08:15:47 AM »
What is the tool you used to install the lockring? I tried a old 20tooth square taper bbtool but it doesn't fit exactly.

Can you point me to the right tool?

can you post a photo of your lockring?

zerstorer

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2024, 08:43:51 AM »
I have a old 20tooth BB tool that I used to remove square taper cranks years ago.

It looks almost the same but the splines on the tool are slightly too thick. I have tried ordering another one to see

Serge_K

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2024, 05:14:50 AM »
3d printing may be your friend here. i have 3d printed a couple of strange tools to tighten various BBs. From memory, I think i need to print the tool to install a Moqai T47 BB, for example.
Thingiverse is likely to have the tool you need, then you simply have to print it. if you dont have a printer, make a friend, or find locally. it's become so common, it can't be expensive to have it printed. it costs me pennies to print such tools. Basic PLA is sufficient if you know what you're doing.

It's amazing that the shop selling these is incompetent to the point of not knowing what's needed for installation. Very hard to respect that level of incompetence.

zerstorer

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2024, 06:17:42 AM »
They keep recommending the Shimano tl-fc33 which is clearly for external splines where as the powermeter comes with internal spline lockring.

bmrk

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2024, 01:34:40 PM »
Any ride feedback for the crankset? Interested in stiffness, chainline, spacing and other issues.

mwaan

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2024, 10:18:39 AM »
I received this crankset but have not yet installed it. I was able to find one store selling 165mm crank length, and that's what I received.
The crankset with spider weighs 362g according to my kitchen scale.
My cheap Ali 20-spline tool for cartridge bottom bracket works perfectly to tighten the spider lockring.
Engraving on the spindle says Q-factor 148mm, chainline 44mm. I'll try to report back when I ride it.

JACQUES

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2024, 02:25:34 PM »
Hi everyone. First post on chinertown, must say, I like getting more insight on the product I buy as well, outside of the usual youtube channels.

Why Im on this thread. I bought a set of these lexon cranks, first without a powermeter.

First unboxing everything looked amazing, and weight is super.
I was super happy to see that I received one with a black bolt instead of the purple one.

I assembled the spider (thank goodness I had the correct lockring tool), but found it strange that there is a 2.5mm shoulder that the spider rests on, causing a gap between the crank and the spider. Austetically this does not sit well with me. With this I also tried installing the crank, but when I try to centre in in my frame, the inner chainring touches the frame before the arms are evenly spaced.

So I was a bit bummed about this. I did reach out to the store about this and thry ensured that this is their new design.

I have thus decided that I will keep the cranks, but the shoulder should go. I will machine it off and also shorten the crank axle by 2mm.(Ill post some after photos if this is a success.

Now a question, does the xcadey powermeter have this same offset/gap?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 02:34:04 PM by JACQUES »

toxin

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2024, 04:01:58 PM »
I think something's gotta be wrong here

mwaan

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2024, 07:58:28 AM »
Hi everyone. First post on chinertown, must say, I like getting more insight on the product I buy as well, outside of the usual youtube channels.

Why Im on this thread. I bought a set of these lexon cranks, first without a powermeter.

First unboxing everything looked amazing, and weight is super.
I was super happy to see that I received one with a black bolt instead of the purple one.

I assembled the spider (thank goodness I had the correct lockring tool), but found it strange that there is a 2.5mm shoulder that the spider rests on, causing a gap between the crank and the spider. Austetically this does not sit well with me. With this I also tried installing the crank, but when I try to centre in in my frame, the inner chainring touches the frame before the arms are evenly spaced.

So I was a bit bummed about this. I did reach out to the store about this and thry ensured that this is their new design.

I have thus decided that I will keep the cranks, but the shoulder should go. I will machine it off and also shorten the crank axle by 2mm.(Ill post some after photos if this is a success.

Now a question, does the xcadey powermeter have this same offset/gap?

I also have this new crank revision with the black (not purple) bolt and has that shoulder that the spider rests on.
I installed my crankset and took some measurements. The chainline comes out to 44mm according to my measurements.