Author Topic: Tavelo Aero Frame  (Read 30790 times)

kubackje

Re: Tavelo Aero Frame
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2024, 02:21:36 AM »

I can tell you first hand this is not an adapt frame. That’s all I can say.

Wow you cant tell more? You think you have some first hand secret knowledge  LMAO? :)

Tavelo is an in house brand of Qi Xing Sports, and Adapt is other brand they provide with frames. So yeah Tavelo Tavelo is not buying from Adapt, it is produced by the same company. That's why frame under Adapt brand is named QX-B01. So technically Tavelo is getting frames from mother company Qi Xing Sport.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2024, 12:15:33 PM by kubackje »

James dean

« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2024, 05:40:01 PM »
Wow you cant tell more? You think you have some first hand secret knowledge  LMAO? :)

Tavelo is an in house brand of Qi Xing Sports, and Adapt is their other brand. So yeah Tavelo Tavelo is not buying from Adapt, it is produced by the same company. That's why frame under Adapt brand is named QX-B01. So technically Tavelo is getting frames from mother company Qi Xing Sport.

You can lmao all the way home. You have some of your in for right and some wrong. Tavelo and adapt are not the same company for one. Yes the adapt bike is the same as the Tavelo arrow. How that happened I will leave up to you to make your own stories up and look clever here.

kubackje

« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2024, 12:13:09 PM »

You can lmao all the way home. You have some of your in for right and some wrong. Tavelo and adapt are not the same company for one. Yes the adapt bike is the same as the Tavelo arrow. How that happened I will leave up to you to make your own stories up and look clever here.

The only one who wants to look clever and act as he possesses some secret insider knowledge is you. You just joined the forum and already can't even contribute. For your information forum is to share knowledge with other users to help. If u don't wanna share just stfu and stop bragging.
As for tavelo this is an in house brand from Qi Xing sports and they also have other customers and companies who they provide with frames... And one of them is adapt. it's not secret knowledge, so stop acting like it is and you are an enlightened one

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2024, 05:40:32 AM »
Yes the adapt bike is the same as the Tavelo arrow.

Cool, at least you can acknowledge that.

How that happened I will leave up to you to make your own stories up and look clever here.

How that happened? We know how that happened. Adapt makes the open mold bike and sells it to other brands, Tavelo being one of them. 1of1, Nich, Oak being others. Pat linked the same frame sold by Oak. It's not news that Adapt is making these.

https://www.oak.cc/bikes/p/twilight-white

kubackje

« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2024, 01:38:18 AM »
Cool, at least you can acknowledge that.

How that happened? We know how that happened. Adapt makes the open mold bike and sells it to other brands, Tavelo being one of them. 1of1, Nich, Oak being others. Pat linked the same frame sold by Oak. It's not news that Adapt is making these.

https://www.oak.cc/bikes/p/twilight-white
Everything is explained in the screenshot below. Not any secret knowledge like James dean would like to maybe feel important or something kek

patliean1

« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2024, 10:59:33 AM »
The original argument was that $2000 USD is egregious for an "open mold" frame. I'm on board with that...

Knowing what we know now about Tavelo (Attack and Arow) that it's not an open mold in the traditional sense, but does in fact share and license designs to other micro-brands, does any of this change the way we feel about Tavelo's prices?

I'm trying to understand what this trend in Chinese Brands moving upmarket means for Western customers. Folks will tell me that for $2000 they'd rather spend a little more and just buy a Giant TCR or Trek Emonda SL frameset. I 100% understand this from a value and warranty perspective. However, I just don't believe anyone who truly is looking to purchase a TCR/Emonda are even cross shopping those with Tavelo. Not to mention both are climbing bikes.

Another point is rising prices help offset the cost of engineering, design, and production. Is that really true? Is it just corporate greed?

I'm now four years into my cycling journey here in Chicago. And despite starting during the biggest cycling boom in recent years, I have yet to see a single Chinese branded frame out on our local roads. Not even when these frames used to cost $1200-$1500. A couple of Winspace Hyper wheels here and there and some Farsports (Wheelsfar) custom wheels. This season I helped a local crit team secure a deal on R12 team bikes from Yoeleo. But that's basically it. Essentially no one here is buying into the Chinese wave at all.

This just highlights how niche all of this stuff is. Our observable reality dictates where people actually spend their money.

Sidenote: I also think spending $5500 on a S-Works SL8 frameset is egregious. Factor Bikes sells their latest Ostro VAM frameset for the same price, but at least the frame includes handlebars, Ceramicspeed bottom bracket and bearings, and spare parts for everything. If you value those things.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 11:31:33 AM by patliean1 »

repoman

« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2024, 11:16:15 AM »
When the prices are getting this close, there is absolutely cross shopping happening. I'm currently in a state of which frame to buy and I'm definitely split between building up a OEM and established brand like Specialized, Giant, Canyon, etc. and feel like I'm really being pushed to buy the latter.   

I've owned 7 OEM/Generic frames over the past 10 years and 8 established brand frames of various materials and types. I very much disagree that OEMs offer the same sort of ride or performance that the most branded frames do, I think they can be very close, but there has always been something lacking in how the frame feels in general. When you combine that compromise of a slightly inferior ride, with a price that is getting closer and closer to brands, it really stops you and makes you say 'what's the point?'

As far as the group ride OEM absence...I think a lot of that has to do with the sort of personality that gets into these activities and there is going to be a strong social element of "keeping up with the joneses"  and these activities are very much an 'upper class' sort of thing.  I think there's going to be hordes of people that are more into just riding alone that aren't going to be pressured by the social aspect of showing up with some bike that cost $3000 to build instead of some swanky $7000 ride.  There's also the aspect that OEMs generally require (at least in the US since they lack distribution) the rider to be adept at building their own bike up, which is not really normal for most cyclists. 

I think the price increase is from a couple things:

Trying to establish a brand
Inflation 
Establishing a brand now might be sort of a pre-emptive move as I think some hefty trade war actions and tariffs are in the future between China and the USA. If it's branded as 'expensive now' the cut to profit won't be as bad, or it wont look as bad compared to other OEMs which don't have branding, but are suddenly the same price as ones that do have a bit of branding.

Nomuetze

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2024, 11:38:09 AM »
I find it always a bit weird, when people blaming Chinese to establish and developing their own brand and confidence, whilst being completely fine with the absolute insane marketing bling bling of western companies.
As I am in Europe, US top tier frames are simply…nuts, pricewise….
So when I am comparing let’s say Tavelo with high end, or even mid tier prices, it’s still half or a third of it.
And please let’s not forget….even combining US + EU market size….China is bigger than both….

James dean

« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2024, 11:54:19 AM »
Everything is explained in the screenshot below. Not any secret knowledge like James dean would like to maybe feel important or something kek

great screenshot. It Cleary explains that Tavelo sold the mold to adaptr. Guess some cant read

jonathanf2

« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2024, 12:02:30 PM »
As far as the group ride OEM absence...I think a lot of that has to do with the sort of personality that gets into these activities and there is going to be a strong social element of "keeping up with the joneses"  and these activities are very much an 'upper class' sort of thing.  I think there's going to be hordes of people that are more into just riding alone that aren't going to be pressured by the social aspect of showing up with some bike that cost $3000 to build instead of some swanky $7000 ride.  There's also the aspect that OEMs generally require (at least in the US since they lack distribution) the rider to be adept at building their own bike up, which is not really normal for most cyclists. 

I think the price increase is from a couple things:

Trying to establish a brand
Inflation 
Establishing a brand now might be sort of a pre-emptive move as I think some hefty trade war actions and tariffs are in the future between China and the USA. If it's branded as 'expensive now' the cut to profit won't be as bad, or it wont look as bad compared to other OEMs which don't have branding, but are suddenly the same price as ones that do have a bit of branding.

Even in my city of Los Angeles, the majority of cyclists skew towards a certain demographic. The only times I've seen a Chinese frameset were from younger cyclists who weren't locked into a brand and a bike shop affiliation. Seriously, there's a certain social pressure to spend $$$ and look the part, as opposed to building actual fitness. Also I've been on a bunch of group rides and the majority of mechanical issues could have been avoided with simple maintenance. Bike shops want to keep their customers mechanically oblivious so they can charge $100 USD to tune a customer's rear derailleur. Building a bike is rocket science at this point for most people.

In the US, I don't really see road cycling as a positive growth market. Gravel seems much more popular and even that's a saturated market.

kubackje

« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2024, 12:06:04 PM »
great screenshot. It Cleary explains that Tavelo sold the mold to adaptr. Guess some cant read

Just stop and go chase a cloud elsewhere champ.Being a clown is not what will bring u fame here. I know you wanted to feel important claiming you got some insider knowledge and shit, but yeah ... Let's say it's time to get down to earth champ.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 12:09:08 PM by kubackje »

James dean

« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2024, 12:13:58 PM »
Just stop and go chase a cloud elsewhere champ.Being a clown is not what will bring u fame here. I know you wanted to feel important claiming you got some insider knowledge and shit, but yeah ... Let's say it's time to get down to earth champ.

Clearly you have bigger issues. Go debate with someone who cares.

My real question to all is who has tried the arrow and can share a review to how it rides?

repoman

« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2024, 01:24:04 PM »
I find it always a bit weird, when people blaming Chinese to establish and developing their own brand and confidence, whilst being completely fine with the absolute insane marketing bling bling of western companies.
As I am in Europe, US top tier frames are simply…nuts, pricewise….
So when I am comparing let’s say Tavelo with high end, or even mid tier prices, it’s still half or a third of it.
And please let’s not forget….even combining US + EU market size….China is bigger than both….

The lightweight Tavelo is $2400 and 800g+ (it's listed as 700g unpainted in small, which always winds up being 100-170g more in reality).
The non S-Works SL8 frameset is $3500 and just under 800g painted.

granted you get a handlebar with the Tavelo, but that's not really a massive plus since the value of that really isn't anything better than a cheap bar from Ali in consumers eyes. When you're dumping that much cash into something, factoring things like resale become huge, with the Tavelo there is going to be very little resale where as you can see years old Specialized stuff still selling for a lot of money used on places like Buycycle, Ebay, etc.

A Giant Propel frameset is $2,800...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 01:26:11 PM by repoman »

RDY

« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2024, 01:46:57 PM »
I'd strongly recommend waiting for a knowledgeable independent review of the QX-B01 / Arow before spending as much as is being asked, at least for the Tavelo version.  There are things that are considerably less than good about it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 01:51:13 PM by RDY »

toxin

« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2024, 02:09:24 PM »
Peak Torque has one in right now. Said in yt comments it's a dog.