Author Topic: Tavelo Aero Frame  (Read 30891 times)

RDY

Re: Tavelo Aero Frame
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2024, 02:40:59 PM »
Peak Torque has one in right now. Said in yt comments it's a dog.

He's shared some stuff on his Patreon.  It does not look good ...

patliean1

« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2024, 03:49:43 PM »
He's shared some stuff on his Patreon.  It does not look good ...

Do you reckon Peak Torque meant this from a Peak Torque level of scrutiny? Or even from a general consumer perspective?

James dean

« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2024, 03:54:34 PM »
Peak Torque has one in right now. Said in yt comments it's a dog.

Do you have a link to the review. I’m considering purchasing the arrow

James dean

« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2024, 04:05:33 PM »
This is exactly the issue with these Chinese bikes. As much as I love them they hold absolutely no resale value.

Nomuetze

« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2024, 05:37:15 AM »
Whao…now descending down the path of very objective and scientific reviews from hear say, „like a dog“

PLA

« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2024, 07:32:34 AM »
Why is it named Arow? Such an awkward word.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

RDY

« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2024, 08:34:44 AM »
Do you reckon Peak Torque meant this from a Peak Torque level of scrutiny? Or even from a general consumer perspective?

What I've seen it's garbage from both.  I'm not going to post his Patreon stuff here.  So if people want to see it, pay for it.  If you're considering this frame soon, I think it's worth it for you ... since I don't think his full review will be that soon.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 08:37:16 AM by RDY »

patliean1

« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2024, 09:40:39 AM »
What I've seen it's garbage from both.  I'm not going to post his Patreon stuff here.  So if people want to see it, pay for it.  If you're considering this frame soon, I think it's worth it for you ... since I don't think his full review will be that soon.

I'm sure I'll go back on my word in 2025. But I've probably reached the end of my Chinese bike review life cycle. My intentions were to use the Tavelo Arow as sort of my final dance. And maybe even replace my Giant Propel. Most likely I will consolidate my fleet and focus on just a few key frames from the major carriers. My mental will be better for it, and I'm certain the wife would be thrilled LoL

Brands typically send their wheels out for free in exchange for reviews. The margins are low enough. Frames on other hand not so much. At least not for me because I'm a small time YouTuber compared to my more established brethren. About 90% of the frames on my channel I've had to pay for and it's getting expensive. Well, it's always been expensive. And I still have to source my own groupsets, power meters, and other components.

So a $2000 Chinese frameset for the purpose of reviewing is a tough pill to swallow at my level. I'm sure I would feel much different if this was intended to be a long-term bike. The two American pro crit dudes racing on the Tavelo Arow have nothing but good things to say about the frame when I met them 2 weeks ago. But just like me, there's gonna be some bias of course.

Takiyaki

« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2024, 10:15:02 AM »
Whao…now descending down the path of very objective and scientific reviews from hear say, „like a dog“
All reviews are subjective. A review is just an opinion, after all.

This is exactly the issue with these Chinese bikes. As much as I love them they hold absolutely no resale value.
Yep, I'm getting ready to sell a Chinese build and I'm basically pricing it like a bunch of parts with no frameset. So you either have to be in one for the long haul (I had this one for like 5 years) or be ready to get next to nothing back at resale time. So the total cost of ownership on a $2K Chinese frame is higher than a $2K Western frame, at least in the west

Nomuetze

« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2024, 11:04:57 AM »
All reviews are subjective. A review is just an opinion, after all.

You didn‘t get my point, did you…?

Of course it is not about a so called review or experience…
But it’s about people posting things from hear say, not even get a glance on something but repeat a line
out of context from another source…

Anyhow, would be great to return to some real life feedback and less bs bingo and $$$ blame…

repoman

« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2024, 11:43:42 AM »
FWIW Jesse Coyle from The Nero Show has a Tavelo and seems to quite like it. 
Peak Torque is a great channel but some of his ideas seem a little strange. He was really ragging on a Yoleo gravel frame he had because of toe overlap, I think that's not really such an issue for most people riding that style of frame as they are really doing 'road riding on dirt' rather than MTB-lite where toe overlap becomes an issue. He also seems really invested in promoting the Classified hub which is something that makes no sense to me (expensive, heavier than FD, locks you into one wheelset, relatively complex, potentially less efficient etc all to get away from something that is so simple, reliable and proven...seems like it would be a nightmare from an engineers perspective like his and another solution in search of a largely made up problem).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 11:50:51 AM by repoman »

Takiyaki

« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2024, 04:53:21 PM »
You didn‘t get my point, did you…?

Of course it is not about a so called review or experience…
But it’s about people posting things from hear say, not even get a glance on something but repeat a line
out of context from another source…

Anyhow, would be great to return to some real life feedback and less bs bingo and $$$ blame…
Huh? How is Peak Torque's experience with the frame not real life feedback? Some people like the frame, some don't... what's real or not isn't dependent on whether or not you agree with it.

This is why I said reviews are subjective. I personally feel like Peak Torque gets off on reminding everyone how smart he is rather than just breaking his insight down to a simple and useful level. And I say this as a mechanical engineer myself. But I still think his content provides value, even if I don't agree with his approach or opinions at times.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 04:56:51 PM by Takiyaki »

Nomuetze

« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2024, 01:00:10 AM »
One last time…and I am totally happy with anyone’s opinion.
My point is, that you cannot show me PT review here, but only lines from someone who read something somewhere else.
If you say, it’s a dog…because of this and that…ya, happy to read and appreciate you sharing experiences.

But I feel that lines as „it’s a dog“, „doesn’t look good (what he says)“ is a very low claim to be happy with.
In a world full of (un)social media BS flooding our brains I felt this place had/has a higher standard at least when
people sharing their own thoughts with what we love…riding bikes and new stuff.
Cheers

Sander2177

« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2024, 05:06:50 AM »
Well Adapt and Tavelo are at the same address in Xiamen anyway, its likely Adapt who OEM have just set up there own brand like Winspace did. Obviously as some of you know Tavelo is ex-winspace employees.

Adapt:
NO.2
Rixin Road

Xingbin street,
Jimei District,
Xiamen,361022, China

Tavelo:

Unit 1, 4th Floor,
NO.2 rixin road, 
jimei district,
xiamen city, fujian province, China.

toxin

« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2024, 07:10:39 AM »
One last time…and I am totally happy with anyone’s opinion.
My point is, that you cannot show me PT review here, but only lines from someone who read something somewhere else.
If you say, it’s a dog…because of this and that…ya, happy to read and appreciate you sharing experiences.

But I feel that lines as „it’s a dog“, „doesn’t look good (what he says)“ is a very low claim to be happy with.
In a world full of (un)social media BS flooding our brains I felt this place had/has a higher standard at least when
people sharing their own thoughts with what we love…riding bikes and new stuff.
Cheers

well his build review is live on patreon, you'll see soon