Author Topic: New Light Carbon LCSF980 XC bike  (Read 5870 times)

bosbik

Re: New Light Carbon LCSF980 XC bike
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2024, 06:41:10 PM »
Really enjoy seeing your builds.. This model really is growing on me and getting pretty tempted to get one.. One question though.. I saw on hambini's video review of a road frame that there are frame grades.. Do you know what frame grade you got?

Bigbobby1482

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2024, 03:31:38 AM »
That doesn't sound good, there should be no play in the pivot side to side. Make sure there isn't any play, if there is you should contact LC to fix it. Play in pivot is really not good, it might also be the bearings they supplied with the frame are terrible.

The rear shock usually makes some noises when squashed. Check if it is there it's coming from.

repoman

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2024, 03:37:51 PM »
I wound up making my own pin and bushings, very solid now. 
The bushing kit wasn't Fox, it was some budget one so the problem was there.

I wasn't presented with the options that were in the Hambini vid, I see some other people got that with the new road frame. Dunno what's up with that, maybe this model frame doesn't come with those options.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2024, 03:39:41 PM by repoman »

jefflinde

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2024, 05:56:33 PM »
I reached out to Wendy and specifically asked about the grades. I was told that all of their frames are Z3 grade frames.  To me that seems to make sense as I have had very well finished and sorted frames.  Not to be a shill or anything as I have no affiliation with them but I have ordered 10+ frames from them at this point for friends and family, and all of them have been trouble free. 

jefflinde

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2024, 05:57:13 PM »
I was hoping for an even lighter version of the 980 through. That would have been icing on the cake. 

bosbik

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2024, 10:12:56 AM »
Jim also replied and said the same thing frames arw Z3 level so thats really pushing me to pull the trigger

gf

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2024, 01:41:07 AM »
What do you mean with Z3 grade? Does Lightcarbon offers different quality for the same frame?

federic000

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2024, 11:24:12 AM »
More than 2kg without ammo yes it’s heavy I hope it’s strong at least

repoman

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2024, 08:53:47 PM »
I should've weighed my frame before building it.
My build is at 25.1 lbs with 2 weight weenie parts (lexon crank and transfer SL dropper) and 1kg downhill/enduro tires. Wheelset is 1400g. I think if I put some 650g XC tires on and an XTR cassette the weight would be around 23.3 lbs. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2024, 08:56:06 PM by repoman »

JimLee

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2024, 02:06:48 AM »

I found this in the handle bar when trimming to length, dunno what to make of it. The carbon feels like it has no resin on the surface of the interior. I can feel the weave and pick at it. There aren't loose threads but I can feel the texture of the weave. Anyone know if that is normal? Never seen that on handlebars before.  Cross section of the tubing looks very solid.  :o
The best quality is to not see any resin inside the handlebar. The high quality we pursue is that the resin does not leak out at all, but is all inside the carbon fiber layers.
Regarding BB, I'm sorry. The bottom bracket is pre-embedded into the carbon fiber frame. Resin may overflow during high-temperature molding, or one or two threads in the purchased BB are not deep enough (usually we will check before using these aluminum alloy accessories, but they may be missed), resulting in the need to manually deepen the threads again. We will improve quality inspection standards in the future.
In addition, we have added an inspection step. During packaging, workers will use tools to try installation again to confirm that the threads are correct.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2024, 02:15:11 AM by JimLee »