Author Topic: Repair stand fork mount conversion?  (Read 439 times)

00Garza

Repair stand fork mount conversion?
« on: July 12, 2024, 06:27:22 PM »
Was thinking of getting this platform style of work stand for my bikes. Problem is they are by default configured for old qr forks.

Is there something on Ali like the Rockymounts adapter or is there another way to mount thru axle bikes to qr mounts?

EDIT: forgot to upload pics.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2024, 06:30:23 PM by 00Garza »

ElRey

Re: Repair stand fork mount conversion?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2024, 01:38:46 AM »
No direct experience but if you do find something like that Rockymounts adaptor the thing you might just want to check is the clearance at the rear if you’re lifting the front end on the stand by a few inches. Or vice versa. May not make a jot of difference but something to think about at least.

The stand looks like it’s modelled on the Feedback Sports Sprint stand, so you might be able to get a replacement part from Feedback - either the whole sliding clamp if the dimensions are the same, or the cyclinder that the quick release /thru axle slides thru. But may be expensive and I guess you won’t know til you’ve got it.

For what it’s worth I had one of these style mounts (the Feedback Sprint) and got rid of it. I found it annoying to have to remove a wheel every time, and a right faff in particular if you want to fix by the rear dropout. So much easier to use a traditional stand. But if you’re travelling a lot I can see the attraction in the portability.