Author Topic: recos for reliable chinese groupsets (FD-RD-shifters-brakes)?  (Read 2738 times)

coffeebreak

Re: recos for reliable chinese groupsets (FD-RD-shifters-brakes)?
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2024, 12:42:54 PM »
Yup! Using a ball headed hex key is the only way. But even that is painful especially for LTWoo which is far worse than Sensah which itself is worse than Shimano. At least the hoods on Sensah are more pliable and soft. LTwoo's are hard.
Ditto for cable routing (shifter cable) its hard to describe but the shifter cable takes this route inside Sensah shifters : ¿
There is a very peculiar angle at which you must insert the cable and then offer prayers so that it takes the intended route.

As for indexing, my front shifter was terrible. Never got the FD shift well. I described my issues in detail elsewhere. I am fully convinced it does not handle the high cable tension as good as Shimano's. Rear one is okay but not up to the levels on even 105, forget about Ultegra. The 105 R7000 is much crispy and precise. The cable brake R7000 shifters can be had for $90-100 - unbeatable value, a no brainer.
Do it once, do it right. Don't be me. I replaced my LTwoo 10 speed groupset with Microshift Sword too.

No experience with derailleurs though since Shimano is plenty cheap anyway but as Serge mentioned I am sure they are garbage too. Definitely not worth the price even after coupons.

P.S.
Btw, the R7100 2x12 shifters aren't too expensive too at under $300 - https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806808810316.html

The full 7100 mechanical groupsets have become expensive in last few weeks. About a couple of months ago they were trending at $450 ish range. Should wait for 11/11 sale I guess.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 12:48:15 PM by coffeebreak »