Author Topic: DJI Avinox Drive System FS E-Bike  (Read 553 times)

hongbetta

DJI Avinox Drive System FS E-Bike
« on: October 01, 2024, 02:04:56 AM »
Hi Guys, have Jim and the rest in China start to develop and manufacture E-Bike with DJI Avinox Drive System?

Serge_K

Re: DJI Avinox Drive System FS E-Bike
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2024, 10:04:39 AM »
Interesting! Didn't know DJI launched such thing! Not quite sure what the synergies with drones are. But very interesting.
Given that everything bike in carbon is made in China, for sure DJI has been working with Chinese manufacturers. Either that or they're beyond my wildest expectations of stupidity and incompetence.
Who's Jim?
Light carbon released a tasty e bike frame recently, then some company bought exclusive rights to it. It's a market that's very different from traditional bikes. You got to be able to source the motor, and the battery, and make sure the software works, which includes jail braking some rules (a 25kmh limited bike in Europe makes it essentially useless on the road), and the frame. Instead of just the frame. And shipping lithium batteries is its own nightmare.
I've been looking at ebikes for a long time and I'm yet to strike gold.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

hongbetta

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2024, 11:42:29 AM »
Interesting! Didn't know DJI launched such thing! Not quite sure what the synergies with drones are. But very interesting.
Given that everything bike in carbon is made in China, for sure DJI has been working with Chinese manufacturers. Either that or they're beyond my wildest expectations of stupidity and incompetence.
Who's Jim?
Light carbon released a tasty e bike frame recently, then some company bought exclusive rights to it. It's a market that's very different from traditional bikes. You got to be able to source the motor, and the battery, and make sure the software works, which includes jail braking some rules (a 25kmh limited bike in Europe makes it essentially useless on the road), and the frame. Instead of just the frame. And shipping lithium batteries is its own nightmare.
DJI being a Chinese company is much easier working directly with the Chinese frame manufacturers. Probably Jim and the rest have started to think of this. Hopefully we can hear some good news soon.
Here is the DJI E-Bike link: https://www.amflowbikes.com/

rockerplates.de

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2024, 01:44:23 AM »
Who's Jim?

Well, the original founders of DJI focused on drone tech for military on a small base, first product was a little electronic box, which enabled you to built your own Multicopter just using normal escs and motors..(i have built up the european distribution in the early days of dji :-)) The founders rolemodel was Steve Jobs, so he intented to make an Ready to fly drone concept, so everybody could fly it....so they came up with kits, later on with their first ready built drone (phantom), than camera gimbals came...dji basically disrupted this industry, german militaries still use and have to pay for old tech drones costing huge amounts....Some of the managers of dji jumped into another tech area which is 3d printing, and basically disrupted this market, the company is called bambulab....so, with dji emerging the market ALL current suppliers should shi. their pants, as dji is not playing....i am very anxious to see, what they will come up with in the future..