Author Topic: Elita One for Cyclocross and XC - Alloy Cradle/Clamping?  (Read 371 times)

RhubarbChrisP

Elita One for Cyclocross and XC - Alloy Cradle/Clamping?
« on: October 08, 2024, 09:15:49 AM »
Wondering about using an Elita One post for cyclocross and maybe even for Cross Country MTB races. Based on what I've read it sounds like the carbon cradle is probably the most fragile part of the seatpost.

So I'm wondering if:
1) anyone has experience using an Elita One post for CX, XC (heavy Gravel but that doesn't really involve jumping on and off your bike in the same way CX does).
2) are there any options for replacing the carbon clamping bits/cradle with something alloy?

Note, I'd be using the setback version not the straight post version.

jonathanf2

Re: Elita One for Cyclocross and XC - Alloy Cradle/Clamping?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2024, 09:28:03 AM »
You should really consolidate all your questions into one thread and call it something like "New guy with a lot of questions!"  ;D

I actually have a setback Elita One seat post and it's very stable. In fact the seat post is very snug compared to other round seat post I've used. It was so tight I thought it was defective at first. I think it's meant to be that way to reduce over torquing on the seat post clamp. Just make sure to use lots of carbon paste. I've had no problems installing and removing it with CF paste. The saddle clamps do not need much torque to keep the saddle in place, so I'd just torque enough so there's no movement. I'm using a RYET oval rail carbon saddle.

Also I've seen replacement saddle clamp bits being sold, so if you plan on purchasing the seat post, you can also get the spare parts at the same time.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2024, 11:54:34 AM by jonathanf2 »

rhenders

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2024, 02:00:08 PM »
YMMV but I weight 200+ pounds and ride a hardtail XC bike with the Elita One. I'm not very gentle on my bike at all and I've had no issues. Solid, light, doesn't slip, hasn't maimed me yet.

RhubarbChrisP

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2024, 03:04:42 PM »
You should really consolidate all your questions into one thread and call it something like "New guy with a lot of questions!"  ;D

Haha, one time I won a free shirt because I asked more questions than anyone else on similar forum over the course of a year. Site owners liked having fresh posts.

I was actually thinking about lumping them together but I assume eventually other people will be interested in similar questions and I figured this way it would be easier to search.

In general it sounds like I should give the post a try as-is and if it breaks it breaks.

jonathanf2

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2024, 11:13:17 AM »
This Elita One setback seat post popped up as an early bird special and was selling for $8.94 USD. Though the price has gone back up for me. It might still be lower for someone else depending on the AliEx algorithms. I picked one up since I'm planning to build another gravel/cx build soon.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256807546561592.html