Chinese Carbon MTB Forums
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News:
Happy Holidays!
Like stats
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Chinertown
»
Other Resources
»
Component Deals & Selection
»
Fovno Thunder 216 RC-216 with 24mm axle - Impressions
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: Fovno Thunder 216 RC-216 with 24mm axle - Impressions (Read 1915 times)
olavrb
Member
Posts: 5
Total likes: 3
Fovno Thunder 216 RC-216 with 24mm axle - Impressions
«
on:
August 24, 2025, 03:52:17 AM »
I thought I'd share some pictures and first impressions of these cranks. I haven't ridden them yet, I'll share my experience with them later. If others have experience with these cranks, please feel to share them.
I just bought and assembled the Fovno Thunder 216 RC-216 24mm axle cranks in 170mm, with a Fovno RL-228 spider for 2x 110 BCD chainrings, to replace my old Sram S350 175mm cranks. I wanted shorter cranks for my 11 year old road bike, without splurging. Seems like good quality for the price.
Links:
https://fovno.com/product/cranksets/thunder-crankset%EF%BC%8824mm-spindle%EF%BC%89/
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003245358938.html
Some specs:
Axle: 24mm, aluminium
Chainline: 44.5mm
Q-factor: 146mm
So far so good, it was easy to assemble. I went with a Shimano BB86 SM-BB71-41B BB, as I wanted to avoid steel bearings in direct contact with the aluminium axle.
«
Last Edit: August 24, 2025, 04:02:36 AM by olavrb
»
Logged
TrackBallPower
Member
Posts: 2
Total likes: 0
Re: Fovno Thunder 216 RC-216 with 24mm axle - Impressions
«
Reply #1 on:
September 26, 2026, 06:27:49 AM »
I plan on purchasing those Fovno cranks as well, how are they holding up so far?
Logged
dyed
Member
Posts: 3
Total likes: 0
Re: Fovno Thunder 216 RC-216 with 24mm axle - Impressions
«
Reply #2 on:
October 03, 2026, 03:28:19 PM »
I haven't used that model, but I've had one of their older Phantom cranks for about four years now and it's been great.
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
Chinertown
»
Other Resources
»
Component Deals & Selection
»
Fovno Thunder 216 RC-216 with 24mm axle - Impressions