Author Topic: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"  (Read 87298 times)

NB87

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2026, 04:42:26 AM »
Do you think Seka's seatpost would fit the LC72 ? I have a trust issue with the hole under the saddle.

It would be interesting to know if the seka post would fit (because I personally think it looks better and has proper saddle rail clamp system) but what do you mistrust about the hole?

kvnp

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #166 on: September 08, 2026, 06:12:51 AM »
It would be interesting to know if the seka post would fit (because I personally think it looks better and has proper saddle rail clamp system) but what do you mistrust about the hole?

I think I saw 2-3 people having issues with the same seatpost on the LC18, that's I want to find an alternative for the seatpost.

Pharaohollie

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #167 on: September 09, 2026, 09:57:09 AM »
I am mainly disappointed about the max tire rear clearance with 2x being 45mm. Seems like a step backwards. Their older gravel frameset LCG071 fit 50 with a front derailleur.

vietmunki

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #168 on: September 10, 2026, 02:30:38 PM »
I am mainly disappointed about the max tire rear clearance with 2x being 45mm. Seems like a step backwards. Their older gravel frameset LCG071 fit 50 with a front derailleur.

Agreed but I do think that email response was on the very conservative side. Looking forward to see what can fit in the real world

ChocoLateBN

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #169 on: September 10, 2026, 05:10:38 PM »
Agreed but I do think that email response was on the very conservative side. Looking forward to see what can fit in the real world

I wasn't super worried about it until I started developing an initial plan of grabbing the Elite Wheels Aero+ gravel wheels with 32mm internal rim width. I plan on running a 2x Ultegra group and wanted to go for 45mm tires (maybe the Schwalbe G-One RS Pros) but now worried about the potential increased width with the large internal rim width. I haven't ordered yet as I am waiting for a full bike fit, so I guess waiting benefits me a bit so that others can get their frames built up.

kbernstein

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2026, 03:34:36 AM »
I am mainly disappointed about the max tire rear clearance with 2x being 45mm. Seems like a step backwards. Their older gravel frameset LCG071 fit 50 with a front derailleur.

I ordered one early with the full intent of running 48.5mm WAM with a 2x. I will let you know how it works out because they seemed to be on the cautious side with their 45 claim so I have good hopes still. Also worth noting the 105 di2 may be bulkier but is apparently more outwards than latest r8100/r9200 FDs


mikelmtb

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2026, 03:17:29 AM »
You can always install a GRX FD, which will give way more space than latest UL/DA.
Also all the 11 speed FDs give more space than 12 speed.

Serge_K

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2026, 03:57:03 AM »
Also worth noting the 105 di2 may be bulkier but is apparently more outwards than latest r8100/r9200 FDs

Depending on frames, that can be rather critical. Is that established, that 105 FD gives you more clearance than Ultegra? (in 12s)

kbernstein

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2026, 11:18:15 AM »
Just something I've read/heard twice already I think. I don't have both myself. i can't find the technical drawings but i would tend to believe that from how they sit on the bike. if anyone has both a side by side would be welcome

hubba

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2026, 01:14:12 PM »
You can also space out the front derailleur mount a few mm with washers and then adjust the cage back. 105 / Grx has more adjustment range as they have a limit screw. But it's not possible on all frames.

Samuel BMR

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #175 on: September 25, 2026, 01:31:45 AM »
Ordered it in M, UD RAW GLOSSY.

Will report back with the weight of everything and real world tire clearance
I have & ride 23 bikes
Also I ride a lot, like a lot lot

vietmunki

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #176 on: September 25, 2026, 09:04:17 AM »
Ordered it in M, UD RAW GLOSSY.

Will report back with the weight of everything and real world tire clearance

i dont think you needed to tell us you got UD raw glossy lmao

excited for the updates, what was the ETA they gave you? were you charged the 300 for raw glossy no logo?

Samuel BMR

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #177 on: September 25, 2026, 09:53:18 AM »
i dont think you needed to tell us you got UD raw glossy lmao

excited for the updates, what was the ETA they gave you? were you charged the 300 for raw glossy no logo?

No extra charge for Raw Glossy No logo: $960 shipped to France with their gravel handlbars
I have & ride 23 bikes
Also I ride a lot, like a lot lot

stretchko

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #178 on: September 25, 2026, 11:01:50 AM »
No extra charge for Raw Glossy No logo: $960 shipped to France with their gravel handlbars

Who did you order from? Wendy wrote to me 10 days ago saying that for all new frames (LCR020, LCG072), the frame is now only available with the logo.

MarioCanario

Re: Lightcarbon LCR72 "aero racing gravel"
« Reply #179 on: September 25, 2026, 01:35:19 PM »
Who did you order from? Wendy wrote to me 10 days ago saying that for all new frames (LCR020, LCG072), the frame is now only available with the logo.
That is correct. I checked back with wendy on this matter. Either their logo, or custom paintjob & custom decals.
Option of matte black / no logo is gone. Unfortunately.