Author Topic: Carbon chainrings ?  (Read 150 times)

Dewa6975

Carbon chainrings ?
« on: Today at 03:16:01 AM »
Currently using XMCS carbon chainrings (V1), love the look and the weight but shifting performance is not good enough for me.
I am looking for carbon chainrings that still offers decent shifting performance. I am aware it won't be as good as Shimano but I really enjoy the look of them.

I got a quote from DFS (see picture) but was looking at other recommendations that have been road tested.

Thanks.

Dan S.

Re: Carbon chainrings ?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 06:47:09 AM »
I got a quote from DFS (see picture) but was looking at other recommendations that have been road tested.

Hmm, what’s the point of using carbon chainrings, if they are basically the same weight as the Shimano ones? Just the looks?

Dewa6975

Re: Carbon chainrings ?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:15:07 AM »
Hmm, what’s the point of using carbon chainrings, if they are basically the same weight as the Shimano ones? Just the looks?

Yes .