Author Topic: Works Well Bikes or Work Swell Bikes WCB-M-124  (Read 3281 times)

Tywash

Works Well Bikes or Work Swell Bikes WCB-M-124
« on: September 05, 2016, 01:56:59 PM »
Has anyone ordered one and built it up yet? I am a complete newb and wasn't even sure if this was a reputable reseller.
http://www.workswellbikes.com/web/view/235.html
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 02:45:27 PM by Tywash »

gohloum

Re: Works Well Bikes or Work Swell Bikes WCB-M-124
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 11:47:17 AM »
I don't know much about that frame, but from what I have learned reading in this forum for the past couple of weeks, WorksWell is a good vendor.  I believe Peter at xmcarbonspeed seems to be the favored.  In the pricing I have gotten, he seems to be a little more expensive, but service reports back are quite positive.  You should browse the Vendors section of this forum.  Lots of people have posted their experiences...

cmh

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 02:33:30 PM »
Has anyone ordered one and built it up yet? I am a complete newb and wasn't even sure if this was a reputable reseller.
http://www.workswellbikes.com/web/view/235.html

Workswell seems to have been gaining popularity here.

Man, that frame is strange. They elevate the non-drive side chainstay and keep the drive side in the "normal" location which is more or less backwards from how everyone else does it.

Interesting that it looks like the frame actually comes with a shock, too. That's unique from what I've seen.

bxcc

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 06:44:01 AM »
Pivot does the chainstays that way. However, the upper link is different between the Pivots and the WW frames.

cmh

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 02:12:15 PM »
Pivot does the chainstays that way. However, the upper link is different between the Pivots and the WW frames.

Huh, well that answers my next question of whose design they're ripping off. I bet Scott and Specialized are happy to not be the only ones.  ;D

gohloum

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 10:42:58 PM »
It looks like an attempt to decouple the rear suspension from pedaling and braking effects.  Polygon bikes is a manufacturer who has this sort of thing dialed in fairly well.  I did a lot of research on their design works like an A arm suspension on a buggy or quad, but turned 90 degrees.

Here is an image of the design.  I hope someone makes a clone of this one. 

Geometry stats are here:
http://www.polygonbikes.com/ww/bikes/description/2015-frameset-collosus-n9-xtr#geometry

It's pretty easy to envision the movement of the swing arm just from this rendering. Much more controlled rate of rotation and the 2 offset linkages work to increase the slope of the curve the further the arm travels.  I've personally never ridden on, but I hear from some friends abroad that it's an amazing ride, although on the heavier side of carbon frames, probably due to the linkages, bearings, etc...