Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Dengfu M06

(1/9) > >>

adbl:
Hey,

Does anyone know anything about this new frame on Dengfu's site M06? Looks to be of modern geometry specs and i like the integrated rear triangle. Also, do we have anyone on here that can model the suspension characteristics?

adbl:
So, looking at this frame more closely it seems it's based off the new Yeti ASRc. Understanding it is a single pivot design i'm wondering if that's a step backwards as most "modern" designs are of the floating type suspensions. The redesigned Yeti has received good reviews and looking the frame up on Linkage Design, it has good antisquat numbers as well as pedal kickback and braking squat. I wonder how similar this frame would feel  ::)

Anyone..........anyone..........hello, Mcfly???

alexdi:
Intriguing frame. It looks like an improved CS-036. Significantly slacker head angle, shorter stays, less stack, and a one-piece rear triangle that might improve the stay flex in the CS-036. And it's lighter, probably from the absence of a bushing set and thinner shaping on the main tubes.

I'm a little concerned by the seatstay. They flattened it for comfort, but I find that nonsensical in an FS bike. It's not clear what effect that'll have on the shock's performance.

A significant missing piece, relative to current name frames, is Boost spacing. It's clear that's where the industry is going; it's an awkward time to build a nice set of wheels for a frame with the older standard. Still, if I were on the market for a 29" FS Chinese frame, this one would be my first choice.

Carbon_Dude:

--- Quote from: alexdi on October 25, 2016, 12:27:29 PM ---Intriguing frame. It looks like an improved CS-036. Significantly slacker head angle, shorter stays, less stack, and a one-piece rear triangle that might improve the stay flex in the CS-036. And it's lighter, probably from the absence of a bushing set and thinner shaping on the main tubes.

I'm a little concerned by the seatstay. They flattened it for comfort, but I find that nonsensical in an FS bike. It's not clear what effect that'll have on the shock's performance.

A significant missing piece, relative to current name frames, is Boost spacing. It's clear that's where the industry is going; it's an awkward time to build a nice set of wheels for a frame with the older standard. Still, if I were on the market for a 29" FS Chinese frame, this one would be my first choice.

--- End quote ---

I think the flat seat stays are there now because they removed the pivots, allowing the frame to flex vertically but not laterally.  I like the slacker HT angle as well.  It does appear to be a more updated version of the CS-036, but like you said, Boost spacing and room to comfortably run a 27.5" x 2.8"-3.0" plus tire would be much more appealing.

Lanz:

--- Quote from: alexdi on October 25, 2016, 12:27:29 PM ---A significant missing piece, relative to current name frames, is Boost spacing. It's clear that's where the industry is going; it's an awkward time to build a nice set of wheels for a frame with the older standard

--- End quote ---

Double that. In the same time I have a 142x12 hardtail frame, so theoretically I'll be able to switch wheelsets between two bikes. This frame looks very interesting, I have a plans for it in 2017  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version