Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Chiner Components - Finds, Recommendations, Reviews, Knockoffs

<< < (2/15) > >>

carbonazza:

--- Quote from: SportingGoods on December 22, 2016, 11:58:52 AM ---I've pulled the trigger on a jersey/short  :)
As you mention, sizing is difficult! I looked at buyers' pictures and most show something I consider way too large. I like my jersey and shorts to stretch on my muscles ;D so I picked a size down from their recommendation (something that fits the measurement of what I use).
I'll post a picture, if I dare, the model I picked is a hit or miss. It could look odd if fitting is poor (no, it's not the skeleton one  :P). If it looks good it will most likely be my next Strava picture  8). If not that's only 25$ down the drain (or a gift to someone I don't like).

I also noticed many Jawbreaker sunglasses for 15 bucks, 5 lens included. If I didn't already get 2 pairs of cycling sunglasses I would try one pair!

--- End quote ---

The jerseys have not the same soft/nice/stretchy fabric of the big brands.
But they are somewhat OK.
Last summer, I used one intensively until the zipper  died.
But they size really really small. I'm afraid it will be for your kid :)

The pads in the shorts are crap(tried twice).
One of the shorts is the one I wear when I was too lazy to wash all the others.

For cycling clothes my main source now is sportpursuit.com, if you know what you are looking for (with most of us do) there are some incredible deals.

For the sunglasses, I tend to break or loose them quite often.
So the Foakley are my solution.
However they can be very good(even a sales rep here was astonished by the quality) and very bad ones. I think I can spot the good ones now. But still sometimes it's a miss.

tripleDot:

--- Quote from: carbonazza on December 24, 2016, 12:54:08 AM ---The jerseys have not the same soft/nice/stretchy fabric of the big brands.
But they are somewhat OK.
Last summer, I used one intensively until the zipper  died.
But they size really really small. I'm afraid it will be for your kid :)

--- End quote ---

Regarding the sizes, it is true.  The terms "American or Asian size" is pretty common in Asia... at least here in the Philippines.  Asian size is (depending on brand or co.) 1 or 2 sizes smaller.  My casual cloths are L or XL for Asian but I go M for American. But that's usually true with shirts.  Shorts and pants tend to be more similar as they go with waistline size.  So for jersey/short, you might have to get different sizes, i.e. XL/M combo.

On Chinese products.  I've good experiences with GUB and Circus Monkey products (mostly accessories).  They've got good quality on craftsmanship and so far they've been holding up. For Atomic pedals, I got a 50-50 good-bad experience.  I got 2 pairs of them, 1 broke down with less than 600km, the other 1 still looks good but only had 400km on it.

SportingGoods:
My jersey/shorts have already arrived. I'm pretty satisfied. The size I've picked are "usable" even though I would have probably picked a smaller jersey and at least tried the larger shorts. I picked M (for both), while I'm 1.81m/70kg. I usually need size L. It would have been scary to pick a jersey size S  :o
As I mentioned I like my cycling cloth to stretch on me. The short does (slightly too much). The jersey does not (but still looks OK).

Quality of textile is not bad, the chamois is OK, colors/graphic are very good. The cut is not very good (shoulders are too large even though I get pretty large shoulders, short goes too high on the belly for a summer short). But heck this is 25€   8)

I guess I'll never cross anyone with the same jersey!

SportingGoods:
The next must have for your training  :-X:
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Racmmer-Cycling-Fitness-Speed-Soccer-Training-Equipment-Running-Chute-Football-Resistance-Training-Parachute-PJ-06/32642665821.html?spm=a2g05.8280284.dbaec89.51.XDuji6&scm=1007.14110.63854.0&pvid=66bb3292-3137-46d5-a05a-8be92a199e3d

Still very happy with my jersey/bib shorts. It holds the quality after washing. I'll definitely repeat when I need some more.
Also, I've received some grips for my MTB and I really like those, $6.00
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/PROPALM-Soft-Songe-Bicycle-Handlebar-High-Density-Super-Light-Anti-Skid-Cycling-Grips-For-MTB-Folding/32619348582.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.ewvlCu

carbonazza:
We will all be definitely able to recognize you if we ride in the Alps :)

I use aliexpress grips too now.
For the chute... well... I may wait a little more :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version