Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Chinese hubs?

<< < (3/3)

MTB2223:

--- Quote from: Carbon_Dude on March 22, 2017, 10:27:26 AM ---I had a set of Bitex hubs, the 401R rear hub had issues, replaced the freehub then after I sold the bike the owner broke the engagement points on the inner hub.  He ended up replacing the rear hub with a DT Swiss 350.   I'd stay away from the bitex hubs.  Otherwise, Novatech's are probably fine.  If it were my money, nothing beats the value and quality of a DT Swiss 350 hub.

--- End quote ---
Same here with a Novatec DS772SB hub. The inner hub ring is broken on 5 places. Still ride-able, but I decide to replace the Novatec hubs with Straight Pull DT Swiss 350 hub in both wheels.
Searched the internet and found more failures of the Novatec hubs. Lost my trust in Novatec. But still loving my XMCarbonSpeed rims!!!

voodoo320:
Chinese Hubs are good just keep it well maintained. Always grease it especially after a long wet ride.

ernestkus:
I dont think they are chinese hub. Bitex, novatec, hubsmith, are Taiwanese brand

And yes, Taiwan is different with China
Most of the computer/cell phone small components are made in Taiwan. They probably assembled in China, but the components still made in Taiwan

tripleDot:
For what it's worth, Taiwanese are still Chinese. I do understand that Taiwan (Republic of China) and China (People's Republic of China) are 2 different countries and the quality of their products may have some differences.

gohloum:

--- Quote ---can you post a picture with your hub with a velcro strap on it?
--- End quote ---

Here you go... Fuzzy side in.  My hubs are always shiny, even when the rest of the bike is covered in dirt. :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version