Other Resources > Component Deals & Selection

Chinese hubs?

<< < (2/3) > >>

jefflinde:
I know this a bit of an old thread but i have 3 sets of Chosen hubs and all have been going great.  I am 250lbs out of the shower and i have had no issues.  Going on my second winter third summer on the oldest set and not one issue.  they are also pretty light.  comparable to DT Swiss.  I have purchased all of mine from DengFu but they are available on eBay as well.

Best of all they are super affordable.  they run about $120/set.

gohloum:
I've been pounding my Novatec Hubs for a year in the Florida swamp and grit.  Other than I wish it had more steps for the prawls (faster engaging freewheel), I'm happy with them.  They have taken quite a bit of abuse and some brackish water (salt and fresh mixed). 

Hint: I have a velcro loop strap lose around the center of each hub. It's about a 5" diameter.  I have the fuzzy side facing inwards.  What this does is keeps the hub body nice and clean.  Back in the 80's and 90's, the popular solution was a leather shoe string tied in a loop. :-)

dopestar:
can you post a picture with your hub with a velcro strap on it?

GuitsBoy:
I'm a clyde and mash pretty hard.  While I liked the hub, I found koozer freehubs to start to fail after about 500 miles or so.  My Bitex / BHS hubs have been relatively trouble free for 1500 miles.  Theres very very slight deformation, and I had to replace the pawl springs once, but otherwise theyre holding up pretty well.  Ive heard novatecs are fine for light riders, but not clydes.  Ive not heard much about chosen hubs, but I believe they are an OEM manufacturer for a few big names.

lRaphl:
I've been using Ed Hubs with ceramic bearings on my road bike for the past 5 years and they are still working perfectly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version