Chinese Carbon MTB > 29+ & 27+

CS-FS27 Sizing

<< < (3/3)

ReverendRockRazor:
 Anybody looking for a fs027 I have decided to go in a different direction and am selling it. There are pictures of it in the 29er dually thread on mtbr forum.

I paid 765$ includes extra derailer hanger and custom paint.
Will be shipped in the exact same box and padded micro fiber bag in came to me in. Size large.
You can message me or check it on eBay.

ReverendRockRazor:

--- Quote from: foozball26 on August 22, 2017, 02:13:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: ReverendRockRazor on August 21, 2017, 06:38:51 PM ---I ordered a 32t oval hope chainring I'll post how it fits when it arrives.
The fs has the badazz Geo. But if you want a longer travel trailer bike with more options for rear shock I would take a hard look at the P9.

--- End quote ---

Please do let us know how it fits. I was planning on an absolute black 32t oval chainring and I am a bit worried it may not fit from the comments above.

--- End quote ---
Hope 32t fits fine could possibly go 34t.

GuitsBoy:
Perhaps the comments above mentioning a 30t limit were referencing a non-boost chainring?   I'm using a non-boost (6mm offset) chainring on mine, and a 28T absoluteblack oval just brushed against the frame until I put a 1mm spacer on the drive side.  Unfortunately this squeezes the bottom bracket just a touch, resulting in increased drag, but its hard to justify spending 70 bucks without actually getting anything for it.  Anyway, I'm pretty confident a non-boost 30T oval or possibly a 32T round would almost certainly make contact even with the spacer.

GuitsBoy:
Just in case anybody needs to add an extra 1mm of clearance on a sram PF-GXP / BB92 like I did, I came up with a ghetto hack for it.  I found a keychain split ring that was 22mm ID.  I clipped one coil off, right before the bend, so it had a 5mm gap in the circle.  This allowed it to compress some, and sneak the spacer into the bottom bracket through the larger 24mm drive side bearing.  Once in there, you need to position it with your fingers so that when you insert the crank spindle in, the ring will go around the splines, right up to the step in the spindle.  Now when you snug the NDS side, which is what locates the spindle, its moved over about 1mm to  the drive side, thus creating one precious mm of extra space.

MVinter:
If you could fit bigger than 32 round or 30t oval, then you must have a terrible chainline. The chainlines are a bit different on cranksets. Shimano have wider chainline than Sram. In my opinion Shimano boost is to wide.

I have 28t oval boost on RF Next and it is a tight fit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version