Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

Real nice build from Weight Weenines

(1/2) > >>

RS VR6:
Nice n light build. He weighed each part. Some are higher end weight weenie parts. 18.71lbs! I guess the money saved on the frame allowed him to put the money towards more expensive parts.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=119338

Carbon_Dude:
His budget was over $4,600, I would hope his bike is light.  My IP-057 build was $1,200 less, and only a pound heavier.  It would not be worth it to me to spend another $1,200 to reduce the weight of my bike by one more pound.

RS VR6:
Thats the weight weenie game. Once you reach XX weight...the dollar per ounce goes way up.

If I can get my weight to ~20lbs...I'll be pretty happy. :D

Chadding:
I've seen that thread. I agree that it's probably not with the extra money for most but yeah, that's the weight weenie game, no doubt. Lol. Still tho, 18.71 pounds is pretty freaking cool for a mtb.

Carbon_Dude:
If I changed out my fork to a SID Worldcup, grips to foam, and tires to 520g Rocket Rons,  my bike would weight less than 18.7 lbs. 

The added cost of the fork would have only been a few hundred dollars so it's not difficult to get below 19 lbs.  What would be interesting is to see a bike at or below 18 lbs while still being as durable as mine has been.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version