Author Topic: OG Evkin CF-025  (Read 6450 times)

bremerradkurier

OG Evkin CF-025
« on: March 19, 2018, 09:51:19 AM »
Finally arrived on the weekend-same geometry chart as Velobuild's R066 and definitely inspired by the Canyon Ultimate frameset if not a 1:1 copy.

Seller communication was great.  Not clear from their Ali listing, but a headset was included, as was an extra derailleur hanger.

Paint quality and tube insides look good-BB86 dims are within a few hundredths on my digital calipers.  Tire clearance is enormous; Conti GP in 25c on a 17mm inner rim had plenty of space and it definitely looks like a 28 would fit if it clears the rim brakes.

In size L, frame weight worked out to 1135 grams (seller shows two figures in their listing-one for 1068 +/- 40 g, and one for 828 +/- 50g), uncut fork 350, uncut seatpost 165.

Given the frame weight, I'm hoping for tank like durability; still down almost 600 grams from a 2006 Ridley alu/carbon stay frame set.

Pictures to follow. ;D

bremerradkurier

Re: OG Evkin CF-025
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 12:43:44 PM »
All done-7.68kg as built.

Nicoloc

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 02:17:49 PM »
Hi
How is the bike riding
Is it still rock solid after  2 years  ?
any feedback on this seller ?
Nicoloc

bremerradkurier

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 10:23:42 AM »
Still riding it and no issues-upgraded the wheels to Hunt aka Kinlin XR31 w/Conti GP5000 28c tires (still fit), added a Kalloy Uno stem, carbon handlebar, knockoff carbon Arundel mandible cages, carbon railed Ali Express saddle, and a full Ultegra Di2 groupset-now at about 7.3kg.

Seller still looks to be in business and frame is still in their catalog, but no longer offering gloss finish-just matte black or matte gray.

Nicoloc

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 02:37:19 PM »
Hey
Do you remind any strange stuff while doing the cabling ?
Looks like the front derailleur cabling is set on the left side of the frame and the rear on the right.
So either I'll have a "strange" cabling (cable coming from left goes left side of frame and cable coming from right goes on the right side of the frame ) either cables will cross over in the frame.
Don't know what the best solution is

bremerradkurier

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 12:05:47 PM »
Hey
Do you remind any strange stuff while doing the cabling ?
Looks like the front derailleur cabling is set on the left side of the frame and the rear on the right.
So either I'll have a "strange" cabling (cable coming from left goes left side of frame and cable coming from right goes on the right side of the frame ) either cables will cross over in the frame.
Don't know what the best solution is

Kept front derailleur cable entering left side of the down tube, and RD on the right side-installed prior to the bottom bracket-seemed like crossing them inside the down tube would cause additional fraction where the entered the bottom bracket cable guide.

Velovelo

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 08:04:04 PM »

Looks like Trace Velo just built the disc version of this frame.