Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

258 vs 036

<< < (3/3)

samroy92:
Too bad this thread got hijacked with BS.

To keep the discussion going about the 258 vs 036 and FS29. The FS29 as stated earlier has a much slacker headtube angle which I like, but also has longer chainstay. So this would definitely have the affect of being harder to turn, especially at slower speeds. I think its a slight difference but it comes down to how you like to ride. I'm still trying to find a good FS frame that has a slacker tube angle but also a short chainstay. Would love to hear suggestions!

Stef27:

--- Quote from: samroy92 on April 18, 2018, 10:36:05 AM ---Too bad this thread got hijacked with BS.

--- End quote ---

sorry. :-\

Sitar_Ned:

--- Quote from: samroy92 on April 18, 2018, 10:36:05 AM ---Too bad this thread got hijacked with BS.

To keep the discussion going about the 258 vs 036 and FS29. The FS29 as stated earlier has a much slacker headtube angle which I like, but also has longer chainstay. So this would definitely have the affect of being harder to turn, especially at slower speeds. I think its a slight difference but it comes down to how you like to ride. I'm still trying to find a good FS frame that has a slacker tube angle but also a short chainstay. Would love to hear suggestions!

--- End quote ---

Indeed. Sorry about that.

gmo:
Regarding the slacker head tube, what are the strengths and weaknesses of that design? I would call myself a cross country racer. I’m mostly done with racing but still enjoy fast and flowy more than slow and technical.

And to contribute slightly to the ‘bs’ my observation with chinese carbon is you’re  generally not going to be purchasing the most ‘lightweight’ carbon on the market. I have chinese carbon rims that aren’t the lightest but are still amazing. Honestly I think I prefer the security of a little heft if I’m getting a chiner.

charlesrg:
I haven't seen the geometry from XMI however the frame seems identical to first gen 058. I really disagree with the brake cable routing through the top tube and the brake caliper mounted in the seatsay as oposite of chainstay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version