Author Topic: 218 SL internal brake hose routing  (Read 1306 times)

Jacobwroberts

218 SL internal brake hose routing
« on: July 25, 2018, 04:06:31 AM »
Hi All,
I am new here. My name is Jacob Roberts and I live in New Zealand.
I have had quite a few frames now over the years, a 29er MTB from Hongfu which was a great bike, sold it to update. I currently have a Cyclocross frame and fork form Ican and also the AC256SL which I have had for three years. It has never faultered and I mainly use for bike packing bike and I have just dine the Tour Divide on it. Any way I like this frame so much I was keen to buy another one but they stopped making it as you all know but I found the AC218 SL from Peter at Carbon speed. I actually bought two frames a 17" with BB30 (for a SS build) and a 19" as a back up frame for my bikepacking bike. I have just started building up the SS and have found that they brake hose internal routing is rather difficult and runs through the center of the BB. My 256 from Ican was much simpler and it ran from the chain stay above the BB and straight into the main down tube. There is also a thin piece of carbon in the chain stay that I am afraid the brake hose will rub on and rub through the brake line at some point, I am wondering if i can remove this? I then checked the 19" which has a BSA BB and the brake line also has to go through the BB area. There does not seem to be the piece of carbon in the chain stay on the 19"Keen to hear from others that have used this frame and about the internal routing for the brake line. Photos attached
I asked Peter about this and he didnt have any explanations for me which I thought was a bit poor, he directed me here so I hope someone has some insight.

carbonazza

Re: 218 SL internal brake hose routing
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 07:13:34 AM »
Isn't there any possible path, even a tiny one, under or over the BB ?

Just curious, how do you bike pack with your carbon frames ?
Where and how do you attach the bags ?