Author Topic: Avenger Fm109  (Read 10394 times)

Mmore1875

« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:51:03 AM by Mmore1875 »

adbl

Re: Avenger Fm109
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 02:05:34 PM »
I can't speak to this particular bike but I have a recent experience I can share. I own three Chiner bikes. Two mountain bikes and one road bike. I mostly ride mountain bike but lately I have been training for a Gran Fondo so I've been riding my road bike exclusively. My road bike is a very well made frame from DengFu. It's basically a copy of the Specialized Venge. It has a very beefy bottom bracket area and I've always thought it to be an efficient bike. Because I have been riding it so much lately I have come to realize the geometry of the frame doesn't fit me very well and I've been struggling with longer rides. That prompted me to look for another frame and swap my parts over. Because of the geometry I wound up buying a Focus Paralane. It's a bike that's more upright and built for longer rides. I just finished putting the bike together and took it for a few mile ride last night. WOW, what a difference!!! This bike totally blows my DengFu frame away. It's light at 17.8lbs but not feather light. The acceleration and energy transfer is amazing!!! It is the best handling road bike I've ever been on. I am extremely happy with my purchase.

The moral of the story is, there is a damn good reason why some (not all) name brand frames cost thousands of dollars. The engineering and quality of the build really results in performance. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Chiner bikes. They have a legitimate place in the market. You just can't beat all the engineering and effort that goes into a high quality frame. So if you're looking for top performance and you can somehow afford a well designed brand name frame, don't hesitate! You too well be happy with you purchase
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:30:35 PM by adbl »

carbonazza

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 09:52:53 AM »
...The moral of the story is, there is a damn good reason why some (not all) name brand frames cost thousands of dollars...

I have opposite stories with my 041 hardtail. I tried various brands, and was never impressed.
My gravel bike from Carbonda is incredibly stiff, and ride as good as my branded road bike.

But... I recently fell in love with the BMC Fourstroke 2019.
I should avoid to try it, at all costs, this is a crazy 3,999€ for the frameset alone :o
And my road bike is a Canyon Ultimate.

sandwich

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 08:44:19 PM »
Posting in this thread mostly for posterity...but I am the owner of a Hongfu FM109 and while it's probably not selling much these days with everybody shifting to disc brakes, I can probably answer just about any question on it as I just recently built it up and have been enjoying it quite a bit.