Author Topic: Thrust on Ebay  (Read 3314 times)

jfaust97

Thrust on Ebay
« on: September 25, 2018, 12:54:02 PM »
Does anyone know anything about these frames or the manufacturer?
So low priced it seems sketchy??
Are they really cheap frames trying to undercut ICAN?
If they are legit frames... anyone know the largest 29 tire size they'll accept?
I'm hoping that since they note "135*9mm and 142x12mm" maybe they'll accept 29x3.0 like my current Stache does?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-17-19-Mountain-Bike-Carbon-Frame-mtb-29er-27-5er-UD-BSA-BB30-Bicycle-Frameset/173076939826

Thanks!

tripleDot

Re: Thrust on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 10:19:08 PM »
The feedback seems ok but there are too few. Some are in the 12 month period with no negative follow up, so it may count for something. I don't have any experience with the seller you posted.

Personally, given the risk that these Chinese sellers offer, i.e. shipping (actually have the product), durability and warranty issues, I tend to go with someone that does not offer the lowest price and have been reported to have after-sales services that were as good as their salesmanship. I mean, sellers that have build a good reputation in this forum (Chiner Town) by being honest in their dealings and continued that even after the deal was done. Having said that, I stick with Peter (Carbon Speed). Peter's price is usually a tad higher than the others (pretty high compared to these eBay prices), but it is most probably because he intends to stand behind his products. I myself had end up with 2 bikes because he send me a new frame (l shoulder shipping cost) to replaced my cracked frame. I did a DIY repair and got a second bike. Peter does have the CS-496 that is a Trek Stache copy. I have that and setup as a 29x3.0 full rigid.

There are a few other sellers that folks here have very good to great experience with. So you might want to check out some more discussion here. There is a section dedicated to vendor discussion, try to visit that.
July 2020 - Custom Waltly Ti 29er
Nov 2018 - Custom Waltly Ti Gravel
Apr 2018 - CS-496 29x3.0 - stripped
Feb 2018 - CS-RB01 (SS Road)
Sep 2016 - CS-RB01 (road sold)
Jun 2016 - Chinese CF XC - stripped
Mar 2016 - Haro Projekt (sold)
Feb 2008 - Jamis Durango 29 (sold)
Mar 2001 - Scott Scale (sold)

autumnarch

Re: Thrust on Ebay
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 06:15:46 AM »
I just had an email exchange with Peter from Carbonspeed this week, he is no longer making the CS-496.  He said the newer model is the CS-299 SL T800; its not on the website yet.  He sent me the geometry cut sheets, its basically a normal looking hardtail frame for 27.5/29x3.  I was looking to build a Stache copy bike, 27.5x3...I just liked the look of that offset chainstay.  I ended up going with Velobuild for the stache-like frame; Ill be posting the build results when all my parts arrive.  Hopefully Velobuild has standards similar to Carbonspeed