Chinese Carbon MTB > 29er

XC Rocket or Trail Slayer?

(1/2) > >>

adroitrider:
I am ready to order a Promance 7007 II but am being lured away by the slacker design of the Workswell 145. Here are the differences:

Workswell XL:
Reach 469
Stack 621
HTA 68
STA 73.8

Promance L
Reach 456.8
Stack 593
HTA 69
STA 74

What bike is best for me? 6ā€™2ā€ and prefer 30-40 mile epics from my house to Palos in the Chicago Area.

The Workswell has two bottle mounts which is also a plus for the type of riding I do.

Jerry:
Hey adroitrider,

I have had the same dilemma, but solve this (sort of) by mounting a 120mm fork on my Pro-Mance M7007 which gave the bike a head angle of 68 degrees, just like the Workswell 145 with 100mm fork.
Besides, this is the first time I hear from the WW 145, so I do not have real experience with that frame. Looks nice tough but not as modern as the PM imo  ::)

A second note about the WW 145. A 100mm fork at a head angle of 68 degrees and a seat angle of 73.8 degrees; little strange combination if you ask me. However, I am not an expert and a 120/130mm fork on the 145 give you a even mote trail friendly head angle of 67 degrees 8)

And why do you actually compare a WW 145 in size XL with a PM M7007 in size L? The M7007 in size XL has a much larger reach and stack and also a more 'climb friendly' seat angle of 75 degrees. Iā€™m ride the XL and am 198 cm. 

Succes with your final choice!

adroitrider:
Thanks for your input, Jerry.

I wasn't aware the Pro-mance 7007 II in T800 was being shipped in XL, but you were able to get a hold of one so that gives me promise. 

How tall are you?

I have always owned XC bikes but have fallen off the racing scene. I spend more time attacking the technical sections of my local trails in search of a new PR on the segment, or just a bigger gap from my riding buddies before we regroup before the next section of rough.

numberzero:
You have two very different frames in suspension design.

Promance is like spark/scalpel... with a single pivot design and flex in the rear triangle. More sporty feeling i think.

Workswell is a 4 bar linkage, like the old specialized epic for instance. This design is supposed to be more responsive on small bumps but also more on pedal bob.

Jerry:

--- Quote from: adroitrider on November 14, 2018, 12:40:08 PM ---Thanks for your input, Jerry.

I wasn't aware the Pro-mance 7007 II in T800 was being shipped in XL, but you were able to get a hold of one so that gives me promise. 

How tall are you?

I have always owned XC bikes but have fallen off the racing scene. I spend more time attacking the technical sections of my local trails in search of a new PR on the segment, or just a bigger gap from my riding buddies before we regroup before the next section of rough.

--- End quote ---

I am 198 centimeters (or 6.5 feet) tall and ride with a 70mm (horizontal) stem and the saddle almost maximum to the front. This setup feels already very roomy for me, without the extreme racy position of most UCI riders.

I want to try a 40mm voice though and see what this does with my saddle and body position. However, I am a bit hesitant about this setup, because I expect to sit much more above the rear wheel/rear triangle and less in the middle of the PM M7007 frame/above the bottom bracket. But who know... the best way is always to try it yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version