Author Topic: Another 29 AM bike has shown up.  (Read 1925 times)

gohloum

Another 29 AM bike has shown up.
« on: December 07, 2018, 10:08:05 AM »
Now that I live in north Georgia, an enduro/trail class bike has been on my wishlist.  I even took the time to demo several bikes including the new Trek Fuel (130mm travel F&R), Yeti SB 130 (150F 130R), Pivot Switchblade (150F 135R), and Santa Cruz Hightower (140F 135R). 

My favorites have been the Pivot and Yeti, the Pivot being a little heavier, but worked better for me... These are "point and descend" bikes meaning point it downhill and hang on, the bike will do the work.  I've hit 32 mph once on my hardtail on P2 trail which was super sketchy and at about the edge of that bikes's capabilities.  On the Pivot, I hit 43 and only got on the brakes because with the trees going by so fast and steep ledges to fall off, 1 mistake could be catastrophic.  However, at that ridiculous speed on P2, not once did I ever feel the bike was even close to threshold. That thing ate up all the rough trail sections and railed corners hard... What an experience and now I know why people get addicted to descending on a worthy bike!

So on MTBR.com I stumbled across TanTan's website and found this:
http://www.tantancycling.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=689

Initially, looking at the linkage, it would appear to have good swing characteristics, similar Pivot and Santa Cruz.  Geometry looks pretty good except for the chain-stay length.  Not sure having a rear tire trailing in another zipcode would do much good, especially on climbing (and I do a lot of that).

So, I am curious on a few opinions from others who know more about geometry for Enduro bikes. What would be one's opinion as to how this bike would ride?

sclyde2

Re: Another 29 AM bike has shown up.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 05:54:25 AM »
Looks suspiciously like the workswell frame mentioned in this thread:

http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,1584.0.html

Somebody has gotta be lying.  I dunno how you can have a different head angle but every single other geo spec identical. (I looked at the 17.5 size)