Author Topic: Tideace FM-M009 info?  (Read 3517 times)

HollyBoni

Tideace FM-M009 info?
« on: January 18, 2019, 12:41:29 PM »
Hi!

New here.

I'm planning on building a fully rigid, budget/sensibly priced XC 29er in addition/instead of my current gravel bike. Since frame prices can be a bit ridiculous I was thinking about trying a Chiner frame for the first time. The Tideace FM-M009 seems pretty popular and looks good. I have a few questions about it.

First, tyre clearance. Would 2.35 XC tyres easily fit in the back, or is the limit more like 2.25? I'm planning 25mm ID rims.

I'm planning to re-visit 2x, and I was looking at the Deore M6000 2x10 groupset, it looks very very sweet for the price. I have zero clue about all the front derailleur standards out there, what kind of  front derailleur would I need? Could I somehow make a side swing FD work without dumb cable routing? It's hard to see, but I think Tideace uses a side swing on their complete bikes:

Will running an FD limit my tyre clearance?

I've never had an internally routed frame before, how is it routed exactly? Is it just regular full length outer routed inside the frame?

What is the chainring clearance like? Could I run a 36/26 or 38/28 double?

Any other frame recommendations? If I could get a frame and rigid fork in the $400 price range that would be awesome.

Thanks!  8)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 12:43:35 PM by HollyBoni »

sockpuppet

Re: Tideace FM-M009 info?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 07:43:08 AM »
I have been riding the FM-009 for over a year, and have no complaints about it.

Tire Size: 2.35 will be tight. I run a 2.25 with 23mm ID wheels and it fits just about right.

Front derailleur: no feedback I can give, I run it 1x. I have to shift the crankset to the right to clear the chainstays to be able to run a 32t oval chainring.

I'll take some pictures tonight of my tire clearance and crankset to help you make your own informed decision.

Otherwise great bike.

carbonazza

Re: Tideace FM-M009 info?
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 09:24:54 AM »
I have to shift the crankset to the right to clear the chainstays to be able to run a 32t oval chainring.

Strange. In my experience, there is room for a 32T SRAM crank with a 1x direct mount( GX or X01 ).
Without any washer or crank shifting.

A 34T could too but tight.