Author Topic: Need recommendations for Chiner 29er carbon rim  (Read 2149 times)

Flying Trunk Monkey

Need recommendations for Chiner 29er carbon rim
« on: March 05, 2019, 02:58:00 PM »
Short and sweet:
I'm looking for a vendor to supply an offset, 29-30mm internal, T800 rim.

TLDR:

I've emailed Farsports a couple of times. I got the usual short non-confidence inspiring replies. I asked specifically if a particular model of rim was made of T800 and the response was  "Yes, we made the rims with special material T800 to be Ultralite." Honestly I don't trust that to be the case so I'm reluctant to buy anything from them ...my spreadsheet says they don't have a non-T800 rim to fit my needs anyway.

I've pored over the 29" MTB rims on Carbonspeed's clunky site and couldn't find anything either.

In your guys' experience if a product is made from T800 do you expect it to be labeled specifically as such? As a retailer or manufacturer I would make it obvious to my customers. The material is more expensive but has advantages so it would be in the best interest of the seller to let folks know what they're buying in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 11:45:35 AM by Flying Trunk Monkey »

carbonazza

Re: Need recommendations for Chiner 29er carbon rim
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 03:54:15 PM »
It is interesting, where did you see T800 is much better ?

Isn't T700 with some T800 patches better for a wheel ?
Keeping some more flexibility where needed ?

I think light-bicycle.com is selling such mixed wheels at a premium price.

sclyde2

Re: Need recommendations for Chiner 29er carbon rim
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 07:00:27 PM »
When I get around to building a new trail bike, that's the kind of rim spec I am looking for.  I found it difficult to find one, but then came across eiecarbon.  Dunno much about the quality of the product or the vendor, but these 2 rims are pretty much spot on my requirements:

http://www.eiecarbon.com/A29C29D25S-asymmetric-rim-super-light-carbon-29-inch-mountain-rims.html

http://www.eiecarbon.com/A29C30D28S-super-light-asymmetric-rim-29er-hookless-MTB-carbon-tubeless-compatible.html

Dunno which one is better.  The newer 'V' one could be a bit less compliant, given the greater rim height.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 07:02:49 PM by sclyde2 »