Author Topic: Pro-Mance M7007 Build  (Read 2842 times)

junkyjunky

Pro-Mance M7007 Build
« on: March 14, 2019, 11:37:01 AM »
Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time posting. I'm thinking of a Pro-Mance M7007 build and would like this group's input on these build specs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qGuRejmsYG-gJMtMjkCU5dzZ3wulfSsr7Lmc7Zq9U3U/edit?usp=sharing

I'm not happy about the total price, would like to keep this sub $2,500 CAD if possible.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

mixlax

Re: Pro-Mance M7007 Build
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 05:00:08 AM »
Don't buy those brakes for that bike!

Try to find some used parts if you want to keep the cost down...

junkyjunky

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 08:07:53 AM »

LOL, even as I put them on the list I was saying no to myself, but I'm going to be adding another $200 at least for used stuff.  I agree with you nonetheless.

mixlax

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 08:40:01 AM »

LOL, even as I put them on the list I was saying no to myself, but I'm going to be adding another $200 at least for used stuff.  I agree with you nonetheless.
I actually have the Clarks on a bike. But that bike is more of a casual bike... I wouldn't put them on an MTB. :)

junkyjunky

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 02:08:29 PM »

I actually have the Clarks on a bike. But that bike is more of a casual bike... I wouldn't put them on an MTB. :)

Changed out to the SRAM Guide RSC - any thoughts on these? Seem to get good reviews from what I've read.

mixlax

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 02:30:35 PM »

Changed out to the SRAM Guide RSC - any thoughts on these? Seem to get good reviews from what I've read.
Don't know never used SRAM brakes. In like Shimano, so simple to be bleed! :)

carbonazza

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 02:01:25 PM »
Changed out to the SRAM Guide RSC

The XT are great too if you like a more ON/OFF feel.
And just a bit more expensive than the RSC you have the Hope E4 which provide much more modulation, and can hard stop too if pressed firmly.
I'm a big fan of Hope brakes!

lRaphl

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 09:50:03 AM »
And for cheaper than Shimano XT you can get the Magura MT Trail Brakeset https://www.bike24.com/p2233467.html?q=Magura%20MT%20Trail%20Brakes%20. They also got good reviews.

Their only problems seems to be they are hard to bleed and the bleed screws for the reservoirs on the lever are plastic and easy to strip (but you can get them for cheap).