Author Topic: Welcome to Chinertown - Introduce Yourself!  (Read 211864 times)

Merzin

Re: Welcome to Chinertown - Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #300 on: May 21, 2020, 08:16:09 AM »
Hi All,

Julien from France. Very interested in all I can read (and ask) here so as to build a HT 27,5 er for my 13 years old son.
Favorite is BXT 036... We'll see how it ends...

Regards

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #301 on: June 08, 2020, 12:18:33 PM »
Hi guys, Sean from Ireland here :) been interested in Chinese stuff for years but finally took the plunge over a year ago and bought a Chinese carbon road bike frame from Velo build. That has been mostly a great buy so I've decided to buy some mtbing frames. I have also started buying a lot more Chinese gear and components from China, it's hit and miss but it does open your eye's to the mark up in the cycling industry.

jvossman

« Reply #302 on: July 29, 2020, 03:52:44 PM »
Hi John V, Miami FL
Came here because I am looking for a 120mm travel up front xc/trail frame.  I have a turner sultan 29er and I find it to squeeky in the bushings.  I am interested in the LCFS958 but concerned that both reviews talk about the bobbing.  I had old school lenz leviathan 29er and that bobbing made me ride hardtail only from 08 to this year.  What other frames are people looking at in that style.

Thanks!

carbonazza

« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2020, 08:44:49 AM »
Hi John V, Miami FL
Came here because I am looking for a 120mm travel up front xc/trail frame.  I have a turner sultan 29er and I find it to squeeky in the bushings.  I am interested in the LCFS958 but concerned that both reviews talk about the bobbing.  I had old school lenz leviathan 29er and that bobbing made me ride hardtail only from 08 to this year.  What other frames are people looking at in that style.

Thanks!
We are quite a bunch to have already or wait for a Carbonda FM936
See the thread http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,2079.msg22453.html

Linsook

« Reply #304 on: August 15, 2020, 04:34:34 PM »
Hello,

I last owned a bike in 2009.  I haven't owned one or ridden a bike since.  Life got in the way and such but here I am looking to jump into building a 29er hardtail.  Total noob, I have never built a bike before but definately interested.

I've scanned around and tantan, carbonda seem to be sellers that are trusted for a frame.  Are their any others that are trusted around here? 

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 04:38:14 PM by Linsook »

« Reply #305 on: August 17, 2020, 10:22:53 PM »
Hello everyone, 

Serious rider ex sponsored mtb pro....mechanic and mechanical engineer ...ride tough rocky trails smash KOMs and break parts. Lots of parts.
 Started digging through chinese suppliers when looking for a lightweight fatbike that was only going to see action on smooth snowpacked trails  .

Have been impressed with quailty and price of of many of parts coming off aliexpress. lightbicycle, Ican.

Parts I'm currently test piloting. 
Ican carbon fatbike wheels w powerway hubs.
Ican carbon 29+ fatbike wheels w powerway hubs
ICan SN01 frame x 2
ZTTO bottom bracket and brake rotors.
ZTTO grips
Light bicycle roadbike wheels.

carbonazza

« Reply #306 on: August 18, 2020, 12:34:46 AM »
ZTTO bottom bracket and brake rotors.
ZTTO grips

Hello. Do you have links to the models you are using?

reddi

« Reply #307 on: August 20, 2020, 12:45:39 AM »
Hi folks,
my name is Eike (just don't try to pronounce that^^) and i am from Germany.
I am riding an IP-256 SL Hardtail so far and i am thinking about adding a full suspension Bike for trail rides. Looking for a ~130 mm frame from china is frustrating at this point, maybe something happens until next spring...

carbonazza

« Reply #308 on: August 21, 2020, 03:52:59 AM »
Looking for a ~130 mm frame from china is frustrating at this point, maybe something happens until next spring...

Wing from Carbonda said they will provide as from December a 130mm as in the attachment.
They plan to offer a 150mm too.

reddi

« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2020, 09:23:16 AM »
Thanks for that information, i'll keep it in mind.

Bajker

« Reply #310 on: September 15, 2020, 01:53:04 PM »
Wing from Carbonda said they will provide as from December a 130mm as in the attachment.
They plan to offer a 150mm too.

Do you have the pdf of the 150mm frame?

GordanRF

« Reply #311 on: October 13, 2020, 04:00:39 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm from the PNW area and looking to build my first enduro bike. I have a preference for downhill but still need to be able to pedal uphill occasionally. Currently looking at building a TanTan FM10 (19") but am open to other frames if anyone has any suggestions (is this the best option for 2020?). I'm about 6'1 170lbs. Also does anyone have any suggestions for a budget rear shock for use with a 160mm travel fork? Is 200x57 the best? Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 04:17:28 PM by GordanRF »

BeTon

« Reply #312 on: October 21, 2020, 05:01:59 AM »
Hi,

Been reading a lot on this forum, and just ordered a Carbonda FM936 after reading 61 pages of posts about this frame.

I am Ton from the Netherlands, been mountainbiking (and building them) most of my live (early nineties to now). I was looking for some time already for a Scott Spark 900, almost bought a new one, got ripped off on a deal through a french online marketplace (Leboncoin) and finally came across this super helpful forum and decided to order a Chiner. During the next weeks I will gather all the parts required for the build. I already decided on the some basics, like a 165-42.5 rear shock and a 120mm front fork (don't know which one yet), but I am sure I will probably need some guidance to other cheap but good carbon parts from our Chinese friends like wheels, crankset, handlebar, etc etc.

I'll post the progress in the Carbonda FM936 thread when there is any. For now, it will be mostly waiting for deliveries.

perlamuntanya

« Reply #313 on: October 22, 2020, 12:29:21 AM »
Thanks for that information, i'll keep it in mind.

I will be aware of this.. i'm interested

hemp22

« Reply #314 on: October 26, 2020, 03:41:02 PM »
Howdy all,
New here, and hope to get more engaged.
I recently dipped into the direct carbon market for the first time, with a pair of wheels for my road/CX bike, and I've been happy w/ them so far.
So, my next project will be to hopefully piece together a new hardtail 29er, aiming for light/nimble, and "fun".
I've checked through several of the online sellers' websites, and will probably have relatively limited options, as I'm hoping to maintain compatibility with spare parts that I already have.
If the hardtail goes well enough, I'll hopefully start planning go for long-travel FS - but that may be a ways off, due to budget.

Cheers.