Author Topic: Welcome to Chinertown - Introduce Yourself!  (Read 211930 times)

Castolian

Re: Welcome to Chinertown - Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #345 on: August 30, 2021, 03:42:35 AM »
Hello everyone

Found this forum when I started looking up building my own my from a Chinese Carbon frame. So far I have found lots of great info on here, decided on my first build is going to be with the Stumpjumper clone

Looking forward to contributing and getting further advise on the forum as well.

JJJ

« Reply #346 on: September 03, 2021, 03:31:40 AM »
Hi,

I'm JJ from France. I practice all mountain and light enduro in the Alps around me.

In the past years I've built a few wheelsets with Chinese carbon rims and also hubs. Pretty happy with them, good stuff. I'm now planning to build a full 29er AM rig based on Chinese frame, rims and hubs, if not more. In fact I already bought an FS831 frame (the Chinese Hightower) before noticing there was a group-buy thread here (damn, missed it). Waiting for it to arrive.

--JJJ

Soarsimon

« Reply #347 on: September 09, 2021, 11:08:47 AM »
Hi All,

Simon from NC. I just purchased a YFM025 (SC Highball clone) frame and came across this forum. Looks to have lots of great info! I’m looking forward to reading further and digging deeper.

SVChucko

« Reply #348 on: September 13, 2021, 11:50:05 AM »
Hi, Chuck from Silicon Valley checking in. About a month ago I got a Light Bicycle carbon rim from an acquaintance and built a front wheel for my MTB. I just ordered a TanTan FM10 frame and some carbon rims to go with it - I fell for a low price I got from the AliExpress app. Looking to build a modern "all mountain" bike. Thanks for all your build reports!

Lovewookie

« Reply #349 on: October 08, 2021, 03:19:59 AM »
Hi, Nik in Glasgow Uk.

Just received a FM936 and really looking forward to building it and riding it.

I was directed to this forum from Singletrackworld.com where I've been a long term member. This is such a good place to get advice about what's good, what's not, and more importantly how well issues get dealt with.

cheers all.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #350 on: October 09, 2021, 08:14:31 PM »
Hi, Nik in Glasgow Uk.

Just received a FM936 and really looking forward to building it and riding it.

I was directed to this forum from Singletrackworld.com where I've been a long term member. This is such a good place to get advice about what's good, what's not, and more importantly how well issues get dealt with.

cheers all.
Welcome Nik. Have fun with the 936.

un..inc

« Reply #351 on: October 10, 2021, 03:39:43 AM »
Hi everyone and "Servus" from germany...
What an interesting community this is, very nice builds and ideas from many of you!

I am absolutely new to the chinese-bike-frame-market but definitely not new to mountain biking and building bikes.

I am riding a 29er Mondraker and am looking for a 27.5 frame for my wife.
A 140mm Suntour fork is already at home and will define the frame.
So I am looking for something around 125-140mm of frame travel.
My wife is about 164cm tall. Unfortunately, because it is supposed to be a supprise, i cannot measure her legs. ;)

I was opting for a LightCarbon LCFS958 https://de.lightcarbon.com/all-new-lightcarbon-trail-mtb-frame-lcfs958_p118.html but unfortunately the smalles size might be to large.
Are there alternatives with a similar geometry and in a size SMALL?

Now for the community: could you give recommendations, deals, group buys etc?

Thank all of you in advance!

Best regards!

Patch64

« Reply #352 on: October 12, 2021, 06:52:57 AM »
Hello
I'm Patrick from France (near Paris)
I just discover this great forum while looking for a new MTB frame. But I'm not new in Asian bike as I buy a titanium frame from XACD in 2003 and full suspension from Carbonal in 2014 (see image below).
I will start a new post in order to get your feedback on my quest.

Thanks
Patrick

« Reply #353 on: January 01, 2022, 02:41:36 PM »
Hi all, I'm Casper from the Netherlands.

I came across this forum recently and since then have been reading various threads on full suspension 29ers.
Currently looking into buying a carbonda FM1001 or a light carbon LCFS947 to build as my first full squish bike.

Thanks for all the great info that's on here already and I hope I'll be able to contribute to that in the future as well!

zooky

« Reply #354 on: January 26, 2022, 04:15:33 PM »
Hey All,

Zoran from Australia.  Came across this forum from a link someone else posted in another MTB forum and i'm so glad i did :D  Everyone seems very knowledgeable.

Like others, also looking very closely at a FM1001 frame for my first FS bike (current on a cheap 2016 Polygon HT)

promoto

« Reply #355 on: February 06, 2022, 03:17:06 PM »
Hi Mark from the U.K , I joined because of the AM 831 carbon frame thread , Nice to be here among like minded people

tol_emi

« Reply #356 on: March 06, 2022, 11:32:51 AM »
hi everybody;

I am from Italy.
I am here to get new info about the chinese manufacturers in order to buy and assemble my future 29 inches mtb.
Unfortunatly, my top of the range 2017 full suspension Merida, had a crack in the frame...  :o
So i thought, I can mount all the components on a no brand chinese frame.

See u around ;)

Dirkf22

« Reply #357 on: March 15, 2022, 12:39:12 AM »
Hello,

Casey from Alaska. This is a sweet site with some great information and plenty of lessons learned from knowledgeable people.

Thanks for all of the nuggets of knowledge to help me complete my first build for my daughter.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 01:15:16 AM by Dirkf22 »

00Garza

« Reply #358 on: March 22, 2022, 01:54:07 PM »
Guess I should formally introduce myself.

Hi, I'm David from Texas.
I've ridden a few Chinese carbon road bikes and wheels, but switched to mountain biking due to pretty terrible drivers in my area. After doing lots of maths, crashes and research, I'm fairly certain I'll be sticking to alloy frames.  ;D
However, I did just pull the trigger on some BTLOS carbon wheels for my mtb.

I'm also now toying with the idea of a carbon frame to settle my gravel curiosity. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site!

jae

« Reply #359 on: April 13, 2022, 09:17:32 PM »
Hi, Jae from Australia here

Due to a recent neurological disability, I no longer feel safe/confident driving cars so turning to bikes as my primary mode of transportation. My use case is a bit atypical compared to most here as I am mainly interested in frames to use with a mid-drive motor and some other niche components like an IGH and perhaps belt drive. I've been slowly collecting bits of components I am 100% set on that will not change like pedals, brakes, handlebar etc. although I am at an impasse because I don't know what I'm going to be using for my final frame.

As of now, I am looking for a hardtail that's similar to Rennstahl/falkenjagd's frames used in both their touring bikes and MTB line which I believe would be a nice compromise between something that will offer the versatility and comfort for daily errands or commute (includes fast road/gravel riding) / off & on-road touring / light xc. My plan is to use the Lauf TR Boost carbon fork (meant for 100mm travel frames) which handles like a rigid fork but does provide some maintenance free suspension, and then further augmenting that with a suspension seatpost and a suspension stem (or flexy bars) for further comfort and anti-fatigue. Alternatively I might use a lefty fork. I still have not taken dual suspension off the table, but because of the BB configuration of many carbon frames they will be incompatible with the Bafang motor I already have, although I may be able to get around this with another motor like the CYC X1. But I think I would rather a hard tail for the simplicity and option to essentially have a traditional touring bike by quickly adding a rear rack and swapping the fork.

At this stage my plan is to get a custom Ti frame made by Waltly, although seeing all the beautiful carbon frames here is making me reconsider my entire build or maybe considering having a separate non-e MTB!

~100mm travel boost frame, 29", would like to support up to 3" tires if possible, BSA 68-73mm BB (BB86/92 might be necessary?), 180-203 disc brakes. If I get a metal frame I will probably want C&C couplers on it for easy international travel. Chainstays should be on the longer side ideally.

I'm definitely new to a lot of this so would appreciate any help, I will be reading more of the forum in the mean time and when I have some time I will be making a thread and hopefully some of you can share your wisdom or suggestions with me :)