Author Topic: Extra Small 29er for cross country???  (Read 2647 times)

eyedrop

Extra Small 29er for cross country???
« on: March 21, 2019, 09:31:12 PM »
First post here! Just sold my old 26" FS XC bike. Always loved it, especially for my short stature. Considered 27.5, But I realized 29 simply rolls faster despite handling penalty.  Time to upgrade. Going China. Need most modern XC 29er geometry for a shorty like me. I like to go as fast as possible over somewhat technical loose climbing and descending, rock gardens, roots, etc... So bike can be slightly trail friendly. But speed is still king for me, and I do alot of long hard races on intermediate and touching black diamond terrain.

My total build budget range is around 2500-3200 usd. I want modern geometry that is short people friendly with dropper post and "XT" level suspension. I'm 5'2" 105lbs male FTP is 3.8

As far as bar width, Im used to a 2010 XC bike with narrow bars and long stem, so I really have no idea where to go with the cockpit. I do have a trusted fitter who may help with that.

What should my build list look like? Im coming from a roadie background so not too familiar with this stuff, so Im essentially asking for you guys to do my shopping...

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:34:31 PM by eyedrop »

sissypants

Re: Extra Small 29er for cross country???
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 07:18:28 PM »
This 13.5" frame may just be your ticket, though I think a 15" might suit you well too.

http://www.tantancycling.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=724

If you're interested, send me a PM and I can get you a price below their list price (I'm an agent of theirs).

I can hardly imagine being that short :)

eyedrop

Re: Extra Small 29er for cross country???
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 10:46:25 PM »
This 13.5" frame may just be your ticket, though I think a 15" might suit you well too.

http://www.tantancycling.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=724

If you're interested, send me a PM and I can get you a price below their list price (I'm an agent of theirs).

I can hardly imagine being that short :)

Thanks for your reply!

Ideally, I'd be looking for a full suspension 29er frame. 
I've actually ridden a small Niner RKT RDO and it felt nearly like my old steed. And they even off an XS frame and a very low standover in general. So I guess it's the only full susser 29er that I found caters to short people.