Author Topic: Lightcarbon LCFS937 Build  (Read 78814 times)

emu26

Re: Lightcarbon LCFS937 Build
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2021, 04:57:54 PM »
I think your trunnion mount is missing some spacers.

Akerman

« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2021, 03:48:38 AM »
I think your trunnion mount is missing some spacers.
Hi, which spacers? Any others than I added?

emu26

« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2021, 08:02:42 PM »
Where you have filled with washers, I don't remember my DPX2 having such a deep recess, if it did it certainly wasn't shiny like yours appears to be.  Either way I didn't have this problem with my FM10 as the frame came with washers to sit on the inside edge of that corresponding bearings.

Akerman

« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2021, 12:14:50 AM »
Well the shiny thing is a washer already in that hole  ;) I also have a DPX2, it has pretty similar trunnion holes as the DPS.
The issue is that the LCFS958 doesn't have corresponding bearings...

Another note: My reverb B with 150 travel just fit, I had to bend the hose quite sharply at its connection to the seatpost. Seat rails are at 72 cm distance from the BB center.

dan_cx

« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2021, 01:54:15 PM »
 I'm considering one of these frames myself and was wondering about the trunnion bolt/frame interface as well. Has anyone tried using a thrust bearing, or similar, with those bolts? I would assume that slightly longer hardware would need to be sourced, to account for the added stack of the thrust bearing. It seems like it would allow for the bolts to achieve proper torque, but still allow the shock to have the needed rotational/pivoting movement.

Just a thought.
SRAM Neutral Race Support Mechanic

Akerman

« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2021, 10:01:45 AM »
Has anyone tried using a thrust bearing, or similar, with those bolts?
Such bearing would be needed under the bolt head and between trunnion and frame, unfortunately there's no space.
A good solution would be to tighten the bolt against a distance bush, with a sliding bearing between bushing and frame. Obviously this would require enlarging the hole in the frame by quite a lot. Might work if it's all carbon fibers around the hole, but could be critical if there is any foam or other filling material.

My workaround seems to hold up OK so far, no loosening yet.

michaeldepeza

« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2021, 04:05:33 PM »
Finished my build and did the first two rides. Thanks to all contributors on this thread! Super happy with the result. Came in at 12.9 kg, even though my list said 13.2. Maybe I forgot something?  :o :P
Frame is 19", 2487 g with hanger and the supplied damper bolts (without axle and saddle clamp). No issues at all with the frame and hardware, fit and finish is good. Bearings seem very good, all MAX type with plenty of grease inside.

Didn't like the fact that the trunnion bolts clamp the damper firmly to the frame, so with bolts tightened, no movement is possible. As a workaround I inserted a couple washers into the blind holes in the trunnion, so that the bolts are tightened against the bottom of the hole and not against the frame. This way, the damper can pivot freely. Still not a "good" solution, but better than nothing. I am constantly checking the bolts...

Rides great, sort of pushes me to go faster on uphills, even though the powermeter data doesn't show a noticeable difference compared to my previous 27.5" all mountain...
Need to dial in the damper (Fox DPS), so I borrowed a ShockWiz  8).
Actually I planned to use a damper remote, but noticed that I can reach the damper lever quite easily. So I guess I won't bother  ;)

I noticed that Lightcarbon measures the stack to the axles, not to the BB. So you need to add the BB drop to compare to others...

wow i love your build...i wanted to get one of those Trust forks too but waaaay above my budget.....

« Reply #158 on: April 21, 2021, 09:36:34 AM »
Regarding the trunnion mount: I've put locktite on mine when building the bike and after over 3 months they haven't come loose. However, I have to retighten the top shock mounting bolt regularly despite locktite and will try stronger locktite soon.

Hey Guys advice on parts for my build especially Budget Rear shock and fittings.....?

any links...please look at my attachments and links....

Stem
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/DABOMB-Bike-Components-Downhill-Enduro-31_60718923151.html?spm=a2700.details.0.0.239a2b63eGHgxd
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bicycle-Stems-Aluminium-Alloy-MTB-Mountain-Bike-Handlebar-Riser-Stem-31-8-35mm/284106783252?var=585598090942

pedals
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKBROS-MTB-Road-Bike-Bicycle-Bearing-Widen-Pedals-Nylon-Pedals-a-Pair-6-Styles/173363170487?var=472366867443

Handlebar
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WAKE-31-8-x-780-mm-MTB-Mountain-Bike-Bicycle-Aluminum-Alloy-Riser-Handlebar/352599726448?var=621939880556

Fork
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bicycle-Air-Fork-MTB-Mountain-Bike-Suspension-Fork-140mm-Travel-Axle-15-110mm/353235923491?var=622435005202

Cranks
https://www.ebay.com/itm/IXF-MTB-Bike-Crankset-170-175mm-Al-Alloy-Crank-arm-Chainwheel-GXP-32-34-36-38T/373319133242?var=642294466511

Cassette
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BOLANY-Bike-MTB-Cassette-10-Speed-11-50T-Freewheel-Sprocket-Gear-Ratio-Flywheel-/352830811333

Rear shock?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DNM-Mountain-Bike-Air-Rear-Shock-Suspension-With-Lockout-190x50mm-XC-Trail/202680088760?var=502776742489

If you go with these forks, make sure to report back how they hold up. Afaik there's not much info on here about chiner suspension forks. But be aware that it's one of the more risky parts to cheap out on.
As for the shock I'd avoid DNM and buy a used fox or something if you can. If you're lucky it will cost about the same.
The other stuff seems fine.

Chamomile

« Reply #159 on: April 21, 2021, 12:46:49 PM »
2 michaeldepeza:
I see pic of RxR chinese wheelset even though it's not on the list. So, DON'T. EVAR.
Used this 29" shit on my carbon rigid mtb to run roads, sometimes ride over curbs, so no trainings at all or something technical. After a few months they started wobbling and became oval-like. Tried to fix them, got rly big spreading of tension values to make them straight. Just garbage. And yeah, I'm 73 kg, tires were 2.1" both.
When I purchased them, it was something like 100usd (delivery included), now the price got unreasonably higher. Try to find something used or buy new and branded ones.

michaeldepeza

« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2021, 06:54:58 PM »
Thanks man....not gonna go for overly cheap carbon wheels...actually liked the WTB set i saw for like $200Us...

michaeldepeza

« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2021, 07:46:57 PM »
Regarding the trunnion mount: I've put locktite on mine when building the bike and after over 3 months they haven't come loose. However, I have to retighten the top shock mounting bolt regularly despite locktite and will try stronger locktite soon.

If you go with these forks, make sure to report back how they hold up. Afaik there's not much info on here about chiner suspension forks. But be aware that it's one of the more risky parts to cheap out on.
As for the shock I'd avoid DNM and buy a used fox or something if you can. If you're lucky it will cost about the same.
The other stuff seems fine.

Can you point me to any threads about Chiner Forks?

also whats the deal with DNM?...i had reached out to them about the USD Forks but they responded saying they dont make them RN.....

« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2021, 05:25:31 AM »
Purely anecdotal. I've had a DNM air shock, albeit on a recumbent bike, that was terribly unsensitive. Dunno if the seals had such high friction or what, but you basically had to ride off a curb to get it going. And then it just blew through all of its travel. I wouldn't want that on such a nice frame, especially with the high anti squat you need a sensitive shock.

Akerman

« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2021, 08:51:38 AM »
Budget Rear shock .....?
seems aliexpress is out of Fox DPS shocks. Bad luck... check the classifieds. I bought a lot of my parts from classifieds, including the Trust fork.
Check aliexpress for parts like crank, cassette, stem etc. Typically ztto official store is a safe bet.

michaeldepeza

« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2021, 01:55:11 AM »
FYI guys, I was able to fit a 170mm PNW dropper post (https://www.pnwcomponents.com/collections/shop-all-droppers/products/loam-dropper-post) in my XL frame with plenty of clearance and slammed all the way down. This particular dropper can be shimmed all the way down to 150mm so it could work well for this frame in different sizes.

Hey Bro and Guys im trying to choose ideal size....my present bike matched to this frame would put me in 19" frame choice however i initially was gonna order the 20.5 frame...my thinking now is that's too large as my Trek Superfly was extra large at 21"...a 2012 model....

i'm 5'10"