Author Topic: And The Winner Is...  (Read 13736 times)

Sitar_Ned

And The Winner Is...
« on: July 13, 2014, 04:55:25 AM »
So, I was really trying to come up with a way to do this that would show that it was done in a 100% fair manner.. but in reality, it's pretty impossible to prove that on video.. You guys will just have to trust that it was done fairly - I assure you that it was.

That in mind, I just decided to have fun with it.

Happen to have access to this "wheel of fortune" that just so happen to have the exact number of slots on it that there were entries into the contest (which I thought was a pretty insane coincidence) - So I found myself a rather reluctant Vanna White, and put a Chinertown t-shirt on her and spun for a winner.. lol.

The timing of the video is a little off, and there are a few other things that I would have liked to improve upon by shooting the video about a hundred more times...  but for the sake of fairness, we had to settle for the first take - not to mention I barely convinced her to do one take  ;D  so there were no re-takes!

Here we go.. Congrats to the winner!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 04:58:10 AM by Sitar_Ned »

Sussed.

Re: And The Winner Is...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 05:11:26 AM »
Congrats to the winner !!   :'(

Nice work on the wheel BTW Sitar !

jonxmack

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 05:13:55 AM »
Congrats to the winner !!   :'(

My thoughts exactly!
Handmade cycle accessories and luggage - http://www.thebreakaway.cc/

Andy

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 05:53:19 AM »
Yes, congrats to Patrick C!!!  You must let us know how you build them up.  Also, thank you SN and CD for hosting the contest.  And thank you Peter for donating the rims!    Since I didn't win I'll be placing my order for a pair of the rims shortly.  I Love doing business with Peter and XMIPLAY!!! 
Andy. :)

SamSkjord

• Professional skjord racer. Powered by carrots.
    • View Profile
    • Cash4bones.com
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 08:15:39 AM »
Congratulations Patrick, I don't hate you at all  :P

Thanks to SN, CD and Iplay for the contest.

MTB2223

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 08:20:22 AM »
Congratulations Patrick C.

Nice performance, SN.

MTNRCKT

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 09:58:01 AM »
Hahah, yes, nice show SN! Very creative.

And congrats to Patrick C. (secretly hate you like Sam lol) !!! Carbon hoops will be a great upgrade over those Shimano wheels he's currently rocking:

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 10:29:13 AM »
Lol.. Thanks, glad you guys like it!

Like I said.. would've loved to be able to get the production quality a little higher but hey.. There's always next contest!  ;)

And indeed - Congrats to Patrick C.!! Message me when you see this and we will iron out the details of getting the rims to you as quickly as possible. Like MTNRCKT said, great upgrade over the Shimano hoops!

Vipassana

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 10:43:52 AM »
Congrats!

Excellent showmanship with the banner, YouTube video and spinning wheel.  May I ask who the beautiful lady was and does she grace us with her prescence on this forum?    If it's your daughter, forget I said anything! ;D

EDIT:  I just rewatched the video in HD.  I was so close to winning!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:54:53 AM by Vipassana »

Oolak

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 10:57:25 AM »
May I ask who the beautiful lady was and does she grace us with her prescence on this forum?    If it's your daughter, forget I said anything! ;D

Gratz Pat C!

Ditto on the pretty, tan skinned girl, with the big smile. I say we give her a sash and a crown and make her the first official "Ms. Chinertown"  ;D

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 11:09:26 AM »
Congrats!

Excellent showmanship with the banner, YouTube video and spinning wheel.  May I ask who the beautiful lady was and does she grace us with her prescence on this forum?    If it's your daughter, forget I said anything! ;D

EDIT:  I just rewatched the video in HD.  I was so close to winning!

You were SOOO close... Soon as I saw that I thought.. "Oh, that sucks for Vipassana" lol

Def not my daughter! I've been hanging around on internet forums long enough to know that posting pics of your attractive daughter in a skirt and high heels would be a bad idea! She's also over 21 for those that may be feeling morally conflicted right abut now, lol.

As for who she is.. Just a friend!

@ Oolak - The "Ms. Chinertown" idea is actually pretty hilarious!

EDIT: So I told her about the Ms Chinertown thing and she's all for it, lol.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 02:44:39 PM by Sitar_Ned »

Patrick C.

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 09:35:32 PM »
Holy crap!  Thanks guys- first time I've ever won anything on the internet, if you don't count those Nigerian lotteries. 

Not sure what I'll do with them yet, but I will post pics.  Since I have another set of rims, I guess that means I need to build another bike :)

Vipassana

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 09:44:12 PM »
first time I've ever won anything on the internet, if you don't count those Nigerian lotteries. 

...I guess that means I need to build another bike :)

;D

I like where your head's at.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 09:54:09 PM »
if you don't count those Nigerian lotteries. 

Literally lol'd at this.

Message me when you're ready. 

Inertia

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 10:22:04 PM »
Shaz-bot!  8)
pushing a few keys and scorrlling mouse
makes comment go by by? ? ?
As I was saying Bravo! to the winner; and
Sitar_Ned for a wheel neat idea and of course
the hand that set the notion in motion: whala!
(last contest was free accordion lessons won during intermission of
Gold Finger?)