Author Topic: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts  (Read 372251 times)

Medico

Re: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts
« Reply #870 on: October 09, 2020, 04:25:21 PM »
I swapped out the 100m 32sc (44 offset) for a 120mm 34sc (51 offset) and my initial thoughts are it rides better with the longer fork, a bit more predictable and a bit more comfortable as well.

Unfortunately, after my last ride I noticed a very small amount of play in the non-drive side lower pivot.  Pivot bolt is tight, but still just a small amount of side to side play now.  I have almost 500 miles on the frame.    :-(

I'm guessing I need a thicker washer/spacer?  Anyone else had to remedy this?

Sorry for the late response...but like I already mentioned earlier inthis tread, I had the same issue on the driver side. After traying different spacer I received a new rear triangle which sorted the issue. i think it had to do with to big tollerances of the pivor points; the holes are just to big so the bolts have play and wear out.
After some mails with Adam it was sorted with a new rear...now 4000km later it is still going strong!

Still loving the bike

zorinena

« Reply #871 on: October 10, 2020, 06:35:41 AM »
Guys,

I have ordered a medium frame. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on what size seat-post should I order. I am 5’10. On AliExpress they come in 350 and 400mm

Also,
I am guessing when I go for the dropper post What is max length I should go for ?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 07:03:12 AM by zorinena »

wfl3

« Reply #872 on: October 10, 2020, 07:10:59 AM »
Guys,

I have ordered a medium frame. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on what size seat-post should I order. I am 5’10. On AliExpress they come in 350 and 400mm

Also,
I am guessing when I go for the dropper post I should go for 180mm correct ?

Unless you have super long legs I doubt you'll be able to use a 180 dropper.   

My inseam is about 31" and went with a 125 divine to be safe, I probably could have gone 150 but the next size up in the divine line is a 160.  The issue is the seat tube, you can only insert the post about 8.5" so I doubt you could slam a 180 in there.

Colt__Seavers

« Reply #873 on: October 10, 2020, 10:29:19 AM »
I ordered the Carbonda headset with the frame. Using the upper bearing cup there is a rubber seal breaching the gap between cap and frame. The bearing sticks out the frame for around 2mm and the upper cone is also pretty thick.
But now I want to use another upper bearing cover from the Syncros Fraser. That one doesn't have such a seal, so I have about 2mm gap between headset cover and frame.
How did you solve that? Grinding down the upper cone? Or using a rubber o-ring around the upper bearing? Or should I get another headset which doesn't have such a thick upper cone?

Know that problem from the Carbonda Thread in the riding gravel forum.

ilyamaksimov

« Reply #874 on: October 10, 2020, 10:40:27 AM »
Tell me, did anyone install the 165x38 shock? if yes, can you show pictures of how it is installed?

dhengen

« Reply #875 on: October 10, 2020, 03:36:56 PM »
Just received my frame with custom paint job. Super stoked to build it up. Like everyone else has said, I opened up all the pivots and greased everything. Overall quality seems good. Will post a final build pic and what parts I used.

Denis

« Reply #876 on: October 11, 2020, 07:27:13 AM »
Just received my frame with custom paint job. Super stoked to build it up. Like everyone else has said, I opened up all the pivots and greased everything. Overall quality seems good. Will post a final build pic and what parts I used.
Nice color  ;)

Denis

« Reply #877 on: October 11, 2020, 07:34:22 AM »
Guys,

Also,
I am guessing when I go for the dropper post What is max length I should go for ?
You need to know max insert length of your frame size. Ad then go to dropper sizing tables (they all different) and measure your seat height, and do some calculations.

I fitted one up 180mm in L size, fits perfectly, it's only about 4mm of gap.

ChasingBikes

« Reply #878 on: October 14, 2020, 12:36:28 AM »
How has the 130mm travel fork worked out on this frame?

This looks like the same manufacturer who made my M06 flex-stay frame, a very good frame.

As usual, they can't figure out the geo or what size shock it takes. You guys will have to use the tape measure and experimentation approach. I ended up with a 130mm fork on a frame spec'd for a 100mm lol, as well as an offset shock bushing.

Jerry

« Reply #879 on: October 14, 2020, 02:40:04 AM »
Hello fellow FM936 enthusiasts,

I've been trying to place a frame order at Adam from Carbonda for weeks now, but no response back since our earlier contact. Are there more people who experience that communication with Carbonda is slow and difficult? Or am I just impatient?

adriaanm

« Reply #880 on: October 14, 2020, 02:42:10 AM »

I've been trying to place a frame order at Adam from Carbonda for weeks now, but no response back since our earlier contact. Are there more people who experience that communication with Carbonda is slow and difficult? Or am I just impatient?
Apparently he just got back from vacation. From another thread:

[...] Adam just came black from 2wks holyday. [...]

Shako

« Reply #881 on: October 14, 2020, 06:29:56 AM »

Use skype, this is the fastest method.
Adam answers me almost immediately, sometimes the next day.

Last Thursday I ordered the frame, now I'm waiting for the shipment.

carbonazza

« Reply #882 on: October 14, 2020, 08:32:28 AM »
... communication with Carbonda ...

Or send an email to Wing at sales1@carbonda.com, always fast(well... be aware of Chinese holidays) and very good english

zorinena

« Reply #883 on: October 15, 2020, 11:14:14 AM »
Unless you have super long legs I doubt you'll be able to use a 180 dropper.   

My inseam is about 31" and went with a 125 divine to be safe, I probably could have gone 150 but the next size up in the divine line is a 160.  The issue is the seat tube, you can only insert the post about 8.5" so I doubt you could slam a 180 in there.

My question was more in regards to what One up should i buy.. based on the details from carbonda

Based on size from carbonda - http://www.carbonda.com/mountain/full-suspension/98.html. We have maximum 180mm for the insertion..

https://can.oneupcomponents.com/pages/oneup-dropper-post-selector-v2 - I just dont know what to put for the max length, thus dont knwo what to buy.. so was asking for advice.

wfl3

« Reply #884 on: October 15, 2020, 11:20:07 AM »
My question was more in regards to what One up should i buy.. based on the details from carbonda

Based on size from carbonda - http://www.carbonda.com/mountain/full-suspension/98.html. We have maximum 180mm for the insertion..

https://can.oneupcomponents.com/pages/oneup-dropper-post-selector-v2 - I just dont know what to put for the max length, thus dont knwo what to buy.. so was asking for advice.

What's your BB to saddle rail measurement for your MTB bikes?  You need that number as well as the min/max insertion number of the frame to calculate that dropper number.