Author Topic: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts  (Read 374515 times)

6un4

Re: Carbonda fm936 Thoughts
« Reply #915 on: October 23, 2020, 06:11:44 AM »
Maybe anyone here have tried this carbonda bike and specialized epic evo? I think I could justify spending ~4k € on a bike and not sure which is better.

wfl3

« Reply #916 on: October 23, 2020, 08:02:21 AM »
After a lost package and a bunch of delivery delays I've finally been able to start building ;D While pulling through the rear brake hose and derailleur housing I had a look at the NS bike and noticed that they guide their housing below the rear shock lower bolt like in the red line in the picture. Ive think most of fm936 builds guide the housing above the mounting bolt (like the green line) but would there be any issues doing it like on the NS? it looks like it would be more protected but at the same time more rubbing against the frame.

I liked the way it looked better how NS runs the cables under, but in the end I went over because that sharp bend caused extra drag on the derailleur cable I could feel.   No issue with that for the brake line, but it would look funny with one under and one over.

If I was using AXS though I'd run the brake cable under for the cleaner look.    :)

adroitrider

« Reply #917 on: October 23, 2020, 08:44:55 AM »
I would try the red line, it ends neater.
If you insure the hose does not touch the frame, there shouldn't be any rubbing, or maybe put some tape if needed.

I considered the under but went with the straight line due to what was mentioned about the rear derailleur. The RD housing does rub on the shock body by going that route. I have a Jagwire rubber protector in that spot.

theirishrider

« Reply #918 on: October 23, 2020, 09:16:49 AM »
I considered the under but went with the straight line due to what was mentioned about the rear derailleur. The RD housing does rub on the shock body by going that route. I have a Jagwire rubber protector in that spot.

I have the same, Jagwire rubber buffer. I will do a patch of racers tape too i think :)

zilcho

« Reply #919 on: October 23, 2020, 10:55:26 AM »
After a lost package and a bunch of delivery delays I've finally been able to start building ;D While pulling through the rear brake hose and derailleur housing I had a look at the NS bike and noticed that they guide their housing below the rear shock lower bolt like in the red line in the picture. Ive think most of fm936 builds guide the housing above the mounting bolt (like the green line) but would there be any issues doing it like on the NS? it looks like it would be more protected but at the same time more rubbing against the frame.

I stated with routing over the pivot (green) but noticed cable rub on the shock.  I've swapped to under (red) and think it looks much cleaner and have not noticed any drag in shifting or frame rubbing.  I think under also gives a better angle for the cables exiting the port on the downtube.

Pharaohollie

« Reply #920 on: October 23, 2020, 11:32:58 AM »
I have to say I do like the lines of this frame. The ride is fantastic, too.

theirishrider

« Reply #921 on: October 23, 2020, 01:51:34 PM »
I have to say I do like the lines of this frame. The ride is fantastic, too.

Looks great dude! I love it too. Where are you riding though? The moon? Mars?  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 02:16:48 PM by theirishrider »

Pharaohollie

« Reply #922 on: October 23, 2020, 02:03:20 PM »
Looks great dude! I love it too. Where are you riding though? The moon? Mars?  ;D ;D ;D

Egypt :). This is a hilly limestone desert just outside Cairo. Our terrain looks a bit like an alien landscape.

dhengen

« Reply #923 on: October 23, 2020, 02:24:32 PM »
Finished the build! Too bad winter has come a bit early and won't be able to ride till the spring now. Build specs:

- Size Large Frame; custom painted "Chrome Green"
- Shimano XT 12spd
- Shimano XT brakes
- E*thirteen XCX iW28 rims
- Bontrager XR4/XR3 tires
- RaceFace Next R cranks (170mm)
- RaceFace Next Handlebar (760mm)
- RaceFace Stem - 50mm
- OneUp Dropper (210mm)
- Giant Contact Seat
- Fox 34 SC 120mm, 44mm offset
- Fox DPS Float 42.5mm (the one everyone was buying on ebay)

The bathroom scale test (me with bike, me without bike) says 27lbs, but I sure hope that's wrong cause my spec sheet says it should be around 25lbs based on listed weights + 1lb buffer. Will have to get to a bike shop to properly weigh it. I spent about $5200 CAD on this, but did have some access to pro deals for RaceFace and Fox gear. Bought a bunch of the Shimano stuff on AliExpress a few months back before the prices started climbing.

ilyamaksimov

« Reply #924 on: October 23, 2020, 03:46:46 PM »
Finished the build! Too bad winter has come a bit early and won't be able to ride till the spring now. Build specs:

- Size Large Frame; custom painted "Chrome Green"
- Shimano XT 12spd
- Shimano XT brakes
- E*thirteen XCX iW28 rims
- Bontrager XR4/XR3 tires
- RaceFace Next R cranks (170mm)
- RaceFace Next Handlebar (760mm)
- RaceFace Stem - 50mm
- OneUp Dropper (210mm)
- Giant Contact Seat
- Fox 34 SC 120mm, 44mm offset
- Fox DPS Float 42.5mm (the one everyone was buying on ebay)

The bathroom scale test (me with bike, me without bike) says 27lbs, but I sure hope that's wrong cause my spec sheet says it should be around 25lbs based on listed weights + 1lb buffer. Will have to get to a bike shop to properly weigh it. I spent about $5200 CAD on this, but did have some access to pro deals for RaceFace and Fox gear. Bought a bunch of the Shimano stuff on AliExpress a few months back before the prices started climbing.

looks great!

Jotegr

« Reply #925 on: October 23, 2020, 06:23:15 PM »
That Fox DPS is cheaper on e-bay than Fox Academy? No way!

dhengen

« Reply #926 on: October 23, 2020, 08:50:19 PM »
That Fox DPS is cheaper on e-bay than Fox Academy? No way!

Also was issue with supply. Many items on the pro site were out of stock. I couldn't get a shock even if I wanted, but if it was in stock it still would've been cheaper to go with the ebay DPS.

flojae96

« Reply #927 on: October 24, 2020, 02:27:17 AM »
Hey guys,

just received the first pictures of my FM936. I wanted the colour like the new Orbea Oiz.
I think the made a really good paintjob.
Now it is time for waiting, till the frame is here.

carbonazza

« Reply #928 on: October 24, 2020, 05:36:19 AM »
Hey guys,

just received the first pictures of my FM936. I wanted the colour like the new Orbea Oiz.
I think the made a really good paintjob.
Now it is time for waiting, till the frame is here.

Wow, stunning, is this transparent blue ?
I just requested few weeks ago to change my initial paint idea to this.
Not sure from the picture, did they add sequins ?

flojae96

« Reply #929 on: October 24, 2020, 06:13:36 AM »
Hey,
I told Adam, that I only want a dark blue clear coat, like the Orbea.
I think they added some sequins, for me this no problem. ( you can see it at sec 15.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 06:15:28 AM by flojae96 »