Author Topic: Help with Gravel frame  (Read 4795 times)

Amstaff

Help with Gravel frame
« on: June 07, 2019, 05:56:52 PM »
Who wants to help me spend some money??  I'm looking to build a bike this summer, and methinks it's going to be a gravel bike.  I am not immersed in the bike world (ride mountain bike only at this point), and definitely not up to speed with building a Chinese Carbon bike.  The building part doesn't scare me.  The putting together compatible pieces part terrifies me! 

I've looked at a million frames, and read a bunch of posts on forums, but have no idea what route to go.  This is my first question... What Chinese Gravel frame is a quality unit? 

numberzero

Re: Help with Gravel frame
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 07:57:48 AM »
There are a lot of people going with carbonda frames. They currently have 2 models, you can find a huge thread on carbonda frames on ridinggravel.com forum.

But there are so much different ways to do gravel it's hard to give advice.
For instance : do you want a sporty bike (long stem, low stack) or a relaxed bike? do you want to go 650b or stick to 700 with skinny tires? do you need to put luggage for long days on bike? ...

Gowes

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 03:24:49 AM »
Pardon for the intrusion, but your reply are my question. More relaxed, 650b, and I will put some luggage around 10kg. May I have your suggestion?

xcbarny

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 06:07:20 AM »
There are a lot of people going with carbonda frames. They currently have 2 models, you can find a huge thread on carbonda frames on ridinggravel.com forum.

But there are so much different ways to do gravel it's hard to give advice.
For instance : do you want a sporty bike (long stem, low stack) or a relaxed bike? do you want to go 650b or stick to 700 with skinny tires? do you need to put luggage for long days on bike? ...
Thanks. I'm waiting to hear back from carbonda about prices.

I think I'm looking for 700c wheels. 45 to 50mm preferred. Lighter gravel riding. Maybe some racing.

I'm liking the idea of forks that take a 15mm TA, because I have some Chris King hubs I ban rebuild.

I'm wary of full internal cable routing. Seems like it could be problematic., And I'd like some flared bars, which the fully integrated bikes don't Naeem to come with?
Dashine bike Carbon Singlespeed Rocket. http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,844.0.html

adriaanm

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 06:46:54 AM »
You can get the CFR707 with external routing for the cables coming from a normal handlebar & stem. That’s what I did. I also built a road bike with internal routing (hydraulic & di2) and it’s such a pain for little gain.