Author Topic: BXT Warranty and Aliexpress Customer Protection  (Read 4485 times)

T715

BXT Warranty and Aliexpress Customer Protection
« on: August 05, 2019, 07:54:08 AM »
I ordered a BXT new 29 Full Suspension MTB Bicycle Carbon frame 29er/27.5er plus boost suspension frame 148*12 mountain bike frameset from Aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32896730902.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.42cc4c4d2jB9KF
after a month of waiting it arrived and upon inspection I fornd a crack on the rear triangle near the brake mounts.

I contacted BXT and their reply ... "its just paint dear".
Then I saw a post of the exact same frame with damage on the exact same location but that one was cracked after several light rides.
I requested a replacement of the rear triangle where the damage was seen, yet all I got was... "its just paint dear".
Needless to say I was so irritated that I file a dispute. To date, it seems Aliexpress is a Seller's site and not good for customers. I can return the Damaged frame but I had to pay the shipping back. I already spent on taxes ($100) and while I am aware that it is my reponsibility, getting a damaged frame is not what I paid for.
But I do not mind the tax money anymore it is irritating that I had to shoulder return fare ($100). As if they haven't done enough damage yet. Customer protection by Aliexpress at its finest!
And to top it all, I can only have my money once the seller recieves their product and confirms then I have to wait another 20 days for Aliexpress to process my refund. All because BXT sent a damaged frame.

emu26

Re: BXT Warranty and Aliexpress Customer Protection
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 11:08:38 PM »
Yeah that's not good.
Did you pay with credit card because if you did then you can use your cc company to get your money back.

Unfortunately, return shipping is always on us for returns but it clearly shouldn't be when the frame appears to have come like that.

T715

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 12:25:23 AM »
Still working with Aliexpress... they are very slow though. Requested a replacement rear triangle from the seller to make thing easier for all.... The reply I got "its paint dear".... that will be the last time I talk with bxt.

emu26

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 01:30:21 AM »
If you paid for a paint job then it shouldn't matter if it's "just paint". You shouldn't be getting a new frame with a crack through the paint.

T715

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 01:23:42 PM »
Aliexpress finally released their final Judgement... They would refund me 30% of the frame cost only. BXT never stepped forward to settle or come to a solution. I am now forced to keep the frame which I would probably have fixed or strengthen if needed.
I want to hang it on my wall to remind me to avoid Aliexpress altogether, but it isn't cheap and I just might use it since I do not have the heart to sell it.
BXT?? avoid if possible, they do not know what warranty means...

carbonazza

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 04:48:59 PM »
Strange, AliExpress promotes bad sellers here, as BXT can sell crap and still keep about 70% of the sale.

Isn’t there some sort of appeal after what looks a “final” decision?
I used it a few times, If I remember well, rejecting their decision.

The dialogue is longish and difficult probably for language reasons, but if you keep the fight and detail the issue as clearly as possible, proving 100% of the product can’t be used/repaired and their 30% is not fair, it can work.

T715

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 03:24:40 PM »
Strange, AliExpress promotes bad sellers here, as BXT can sell crap and still keep about 70% of the sale.

Isn’t there some sort of appeal after what looks a “final” decision?
I used it a few times, If I remember well, rejecting their decision.

The dialogue is longish and difficult probably for language reasons, but if you keep the fight and detail the issue as clearly as possible, proving 100% of the product can’t be used/repaired and their 30% is not fair, it can work.
I tried my best but it was a losing battle especially against time. It came to the point wherein I just want whatever money I can get back and have the rear triangle repaired to a safer state. BXT never once offered a solution and I think Aliexpress sided on the seller. Seller protection must rank higher than Customer protection...
Their customer service is a JOKE. They will only be sorry for your state but can't do anything. Seriously!!! they won't even make a report of our conversation to forward to their so called Expert Team (the case committee). The Expert Team never even contacted me to clarify anything, they did however sent me emails which I cannot reply to (this is their way of communicating) But, I am aware that they communicated with BXT as BXT blatantly told me that they already know what the outcome would be even before judgement was made or announced.
It is sad as I have bought a lot from both Aliexpress and Alibaba and kept a good record.  I felt bad bec of the decision made by  Aliexpress more and it must be because of the way BXT lacks the responsibility of honoring warranty or admitting fault even when it was obvious.
I wish to put this issue aside now that it is done.
All I can say is try to avoid buying BXT products and expect support in any shape or form. Do not waste your money...

emu26

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 06:08:25 PM »
I understand your frustration but what about trying to dispute it with your credit card company.  You might be able to get the other 70% back that way.  It's worth the effort, if not for you then maybe it will impact the way they respond to the next person with a problem.