Author Topic: What's a great tried and true hardtail frame that won't break the bank  (Read 2203 times)

sciguy

I'd like to build up a 29er hardtail over the winter and feel overwhelmed with the abundance of information here and via other internet sources. I'm interested in ending up with a good bang for my buck with a reasonable weight in the end. So I'd love some advice on what frame or frames you feel are very well proven and of reasonable price point.  While we're at it a suspended fork suggestion would be very much welcome as well.

Thanks for all replies

Hugh

sciguy

Re: What's a great tried and true hardtail frame that won't break the bank
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 07:06:02 AM »
Still looking for some informed thoughts. I'll greatly appreciate any that you'll share.

Hugh

carbonazza

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 04:55:40 PM »
Hi Hugh,

You need to do some more homework first.
Find any hard tail build here, review the details, in general it should give you an idea of the components needed and the cost as a result.
Do not hesitate to revive the post of that build, by asking some additional questions if necessary, but on a that specific build.

sciguy

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 10:11:08 AM »
Carbonazza,

Thanks for the excellent advice.  My initial worry is that with so much to sift through, much of it which may not deal with frames no longer available.  Some of you guys are vastly more "up to speed" about what's out there now that I was hoping for a steer in a very well respected direction.

I'll get back to reading threads:)

Hugh

brmeyer135

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 09:52:04 PM »
The o57 by vendors mentioned here.
Durable, well built first gen.