Author Topic: Chinese Santa Cruz/AM831  (Read 97481 times)

Sowers711

Re: Chinese Santa Cruz
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2020, 09:26:40 AM »
Really looking forward to seeing this frame built up!

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2020, 09:53:39 AM »
a little update...Eddy just wrote me an email and he confirm a generic march as frame availabilty timing.
Asked about a bulk price for the Chinertown community
I'll update here as soon as I'll got the reply.

Looking forward to getting the details on this group order... I might want in depending on price.

freeride1

« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2020, 04:29:17 PM »
I think at something between the full retail price (750/790$ ?) and the 470$ bulk price; 600/650$ and shipment within the end of march would be fine for me.
A bit confused about shock size...Santa specs a 210x52,5 metric, Haideli 210x55, but if everything  is exactly like the Hightower, do  they forged a new lower link?
Enduro, gravel, road rider from Italy

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2020, 08:01:02 PM »
I think at something between the full retail price (750/790$ ?) and the 470$ bulk price; 600/650$ and shipment within the end of march would be fine for me.
A bit confused about shock size...Santa specs a 210x52,5 metric, Haideli 210x55, but if everything  is exactly like the Hightower, do  they forged a new lower link?

Agreed.

scourge

« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2020, 11:01:28 AM »
Hopefully closer to the bulk price than not.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2020, 11:10:07 AM »
Well, maybe we can push the negotiations in the direction that we want by making an offer rather than asking for a quote. I'm guessing they are open to negotiating. Also, whoever talks to the vendor can let them know that we'd be willing to throw in some free advertising here on Chinertown to sweeten the deal. A prominent image banner ad at the top of the forum for a month maybe. Over 30k pageviews monthly. Just an idea.

freeride1

« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2020, 11:58:25 AM »
I've explained to Eddy that this community forum is a worldwide source for infos about chinese non-branded frames and components, that is true...but to encourage him for a good discount.
Waiting for an answer from him yet

scourge

« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2020, 05:12:56 PM »
Thank you for asking about this Freeride1.

And that's cool about the advertising. Very cool.

kalssot

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2020, 04:04:09 AM »
I've explained to Eddy that this community forum is a worldwide source for infos about chinese non-branded frames and components, that is true...but to encourage him for a good discount.
Waiting for an answer from him yet

Thank's, I'm interested  with a frame

freeride1

« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2020, 06:37:07 AM »
sorry friends, no answer yet.
I'm in a chat with another vendor (winow sports) that is based next to Haideli and join them with business; he confirmed me last week that this frame is not ready, they have troubles with coronavirus.
By the way, it seem to me harder to chat with them these days.

freeride1

« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2020, 02:12:20 AM »
had an answer today from Eddy
timing should be: frame sample this month, first frames shipping in april.As usual timeframe with chinese is a bit strange  ::)
This is the answer at forum bulk price request.

"Okay, then totally understanding the meaning of bulk price.
And you are right, the shipping time would be on April.

Thanks for your interesting, we would consider about it."

So I'll wait for an update.

freeride1

« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2020, 02:40:05 AM »
Eddy is joining us here on Chinertown, so every question and price discussion will be open and clear for everyone.

scourge

« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2020, 08:31:52 AM »
Well if Eddie reads this, I hope he understands there are some of us here who probably aren't buying at full price, but are definitely in at a good bulk price discount. Like, I dont need a new frame now, but I wouldn't be able to pass it up if it were a good deal. It's worth taking a chance at a good price.

I wonder how Corona virus is affecting business? I know it is probably slowing down production, and I am definitely fine with waiting. No problem whatsoever, no hurry. But I wonder if they will be getting less orders because of it? Would that make them more or less likely to give a discount to get a bulk order? I guess we'll find out.

Thanks for the leg work you have done Freeride1.

freeride1

« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2020, 11:19:55 AM »
Hey, we're a community!
Eddy will enter as soon his account will be approved by admins
Covid19 is spreading worldwide affecting every aspect of our life...here in Italy seem to reach his peak next months, and this week we are already slowed down with schools and group activity

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2020, 04:47:43 PM »
I just approved Eddy's account. Sorry for the delay but if I don't approve manually the spam gets crazy.