Author Topic: Chinese Santa Cruz/AM831  (Read 97531 times)

Eddy-haideli

Chinese Santa Cruz
« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2020, 08:04:31 PM »
Hi, everyone, I am Eddy, very happy to be here to chat with all of you guys.

We are so sorry for the delaying of the sample production since the Chinese new year holiday and the virus.
Hope all of you would be in healthy and safe, take care.

For the frame FM-AM831 is our new mold, it can be checked the details on www.haidelibikes.com
Any question or need, feel free to contact me at any time, we would be always here to serve for you.

The sample would be done sooner, i will show the rear pictures and the details. And after testing, then accept the orders.

Eddy@haidelibicycle.com

Really thanks for the Freeride1's help, so i got the opportunity to be this forum.

Best regards

Sitar_Ned

Re: Chinese Santa Cruz
« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2020, 10:42:24 PM »
Hi Eddy,

Welcome to the forum, happy to have you as a member here.

And thanks for your reply, but could you possibly address the group's questions in regards to a group buy/bulk discount? The details are on the previous page of this thread. If that isn't something you have the ability to facilitate or just aren't interested in doing... that's okay but it would be nice to know so we can pursue the possibility with other vendors.

Thanks.

scourge

« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2020, 11:06:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Eddie. Hope all goes as best as it can for you there. Looking forward to seeing the frame.

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2020, 11:37:06 PM »
Sitar-Ned:

Yeah, it would be okay for us to offer you guys in the forum a discount price.
Once the last price decided, i will show it.

Scourge:

Thanks, we would do our best.

freeride1

« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2020, 02:04:22 AM »
Hi Eddy and welcome to the forum!
Can you clear rear shock size please? You spec metric 210x55; have you checked it on the 3D sample? Ask you because if every measurement come from the Hightower2, it should be 210x52,5
Don't want to buy a wrong shock, or find myself in trouble with a poor engineering frame(like I'm these days)
And speed up production  ;D
Enduro, gravel, road rider from Italy

ChinerCaroliner

« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2020, 12:19:55 PM »
Pretty sure the Bronson uses a 210x55. I wouldn’t expect them to say it’s an exact clone to the Hightower so the nuances probably allow for a difference in the shock. I already have a 210x55 so I hope it’s right haha.

GuitsBoy

« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2020, 12:33:51 PM »
Eddy, Thanks for joining up.  Everyone else has already brought up any questions I had.  I just wanted to quickly say I hope you stay healthy throughout the virus ordeal.   While we are all very excited to see the new details about the frame, nothing is more important than your health, and that of your coworkers and families.  Wishing you all the best through this scary time.  I'll try and be patient.

Sowers711

« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2020, 02:41:51 PM »
Hi Eddy, wishing you and your family the best during this difficult  time. Thank you for all that you have done to help us get information on this awesome new frame!

freeride1

« Reply #143 on: March 06, 2020, 02:55:46 PM »

I have just ordered a DVO Topaz T3 210x55 for this frame...it could be reduced in stroke at 2,5mm increments in the case.
Waiting for DVO tuning setup (number of bands in air chambers), I'll post here soon.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 03:22:33 PM by freeride1 »

freeride1

« Reply #144 on: March 06, 2020, 03:10:31 PM »
DVO customer support is great as usual! They just dropped an email.
Following is suggested setup for this frame (I asked for Santa Hightower 2) based on 75/80 kg rider weight

2 spacers in positive and one in negative

195psi approx. to get 30% sag at bottom of logo

Rebound 5-7 clicks CCW

Hope this help someone. Topaz shock is really well made, easy to tune, have a bladder in reservoir(instead of an IFP) tuneable by air pressure to play with bottom out feeling

chetosmachine

« Reply #145 on: March 06, 2020, 04:56:39 PM »
I am definitely interested on this frame. If the price is correct, I will get one and just put all the components from my current Ican P9 build.

carbonazza

« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2020, 01:04:10 PM »
I am definitely interested on this frame. If the price is correct, I will get one and just put all the components from my current Ican P9 build.
Just curious. What makes it so much better than the P9 ?

chetosmachine

« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2020, 12:42:10 AM »
Oh, absolutely not so much better!
With frames at this prices, and given that i can use straight all my current components, i wouldnt mind trying this frame. Then sell the one that i like the least!

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2020, 12:48:08 AM »
Thanks for your care and wishes, yeah, now the virus have been controlled, the factory being produced again.

And all mountain AM831 frame rear shock is 210*55mm. totally right.

Fork travel and frame travel, both 150mm.

freeride1

« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2020, 01:01:12 AM »
Thanks for your care and wishes, yeah, now the virus have been controlled, the factory being produced again.

And all mountain AM831 frame rear shock is 210*55mm. totally right.

Fork travel and frame travel, both 150mm.

Great to hear things are going better!
Can't wait to see this beast coming out of mold