Author Topic: Chinese Santa Cruz/AM831  (Read 97346 times)

brex

Re: Chinese Santa Cruz/AM831
« Reply #270 on: July 04, 2020, 03:24:19 PM »
2017 Stumpjumper Pro - Integrated, 2019 Sniper SL frame custom build by me - Integrated, 2020 Strive CFR frame custom build by me - Integrated. A few friends this morning on our ride that I double checked - 2019 Spark 900 - Integrated, 2020 Enduro Elite - Integrated, 2019 Epic Evo Comp - Integrated.

Pretty sure that can all be corroborated with a simple web search, but you are absolutely wrong stating those brands don't sell integrated headset bikes.

Here's one link to start you off - https://intensecycles.com/collections/cross-country/products/sniper-trail-elite-build

eminius

« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2020, 06:15:47 AM »
crcast
View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy
« Reply #267 on: July 06, 2020, 06:34:35 AM »
Since they posted they had a size small here, I've been doing a my own inquiries through Haideli to see if what would happen if I try to order 2 size smalls. Their first reply was that they had them in stock and ready to be painted and asked what colour I wanted.

The S size is available.
Could you tell me what color and which country to send please?
We only ship by express now, because other standard shipping way is high cost and high risk of losing parcels.

After I confirmed the colour and destination, they sent me this.

For the suspension frame, it is not in stock now.
other clients have paid and bought them.

and we still have make massive production now.
really sorry for this.
Could you change into other model please?

This suspension frame won't have massive production in this year.
Please know this.

XC029 and XC181 both available. and we can make chameleon color or other colors for you.

Joy Jiang | Sales & Marketing Manager ( Haideli )

So just a heads up for people who is hoping to getting a frame this year, or maybe even next year. Communication is very vague.
From experience in ordering frames from China/Taiwan, if the mould is there and were able to sell the frames, they should be able to fulfill the order with some lead time.

Something seems off about all of this. Could be a license issue and the mould won't be open to everyone? Who knows.

junkyjunky

« Reply #273 on: July 20, 2020, 06:14:39 PM »
What's the difference between Winosport and Haideli? Anyone have a recommendation of which one would be better for quality or after sale support?

Gigelz

« Reply #274 on: July 21, 2020, 01:06:20 AM »
Afaik they are business partners.

junkyjunky

« Reply #275 on: July 23, 2020, 03:07:11 PM »
So maybe moving the discussion onto something more positive, anyone start thinking of build specs yet?  ;D

Gigelz

« Reply #276 on: July 24, 2020, 01:50:39 AM »
So maybe moving the discussion onto something more positive, anyone start thinking of build specs yet?  ;D
yep ;D but can´t decide if i go with a 150mm lyrik ultimate, pike or fox 36

sync1

« Reply #277 on: July 24, 2020, 08:30:00 AM »

Already got a FOX 36 160mm, a FOX DPX2 and a wheelset with Praxis AL32 rims.
Im thinking to build with Shimano M7100 drivetrain.

scourge

« Reply #278 on: July 24, 2020, 11:31:25 AM »
I was thinking of trying the Advent X drivetrain on mine.

Verbl Kint

« Reply #279 on: August 03, 2020, 01:35:07 PM »
I'm imagining a mullet build with this frame, with a 28-29 lb (>13.5kg) full bike weight with pedals. I'll probably go with a 160mm shock to rake it out a little further.

The tricky part, imo, is getting the right shock tune to buy (I want a RockShox Super Deluxe). Do we have a clue on how progressive this design is? Will a MegNeg fit, btw?

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #280 on: August 03, 2020, 02:48:15 PM »
I'm imagining a mullet build with this frame, with a 28-29 lb (>13.5kg) full bike weight with pedals. I'll probably go with a 160mm shock to rake it out a little further.

The tricky part, imo, is getting the right shock tune to buy (I want a RockShox Super Deluxe). Do we have a clue on how progressive this design is? Will a MegNeg fit, btw?

I would like to do the same actually, so as to be able to use my existing I9/Nobl rear wheel. Would be a huge saving to just buy a 29er front wheel. Any idea if this is a good idea with this particular frame? Was thinking 150 or maybe even 140 fork to offset some effect of the mullet setup since this bike is already super slack. I was surprised to hear you are trying to slacken it even more. I would like to run it mullet without making the bike slacker than it already is. I haven't really looked into the details yet.

Verbl Kint

« Reply #281 on: August 04, 2020, 12:49:14 AM »
I would like to do the same actually, so as to be able to use my existing I9/Nobl rear wheel. Would be a huge saving to just buy a 29er front wheel. Any idea if this is a good idea with this particular frame? Was thinking 150 or maybe even 140 fork to offset some effect of the mullet setup since this bike is already super slack. I was surprised to hear you are trying to slacken it even more. I would like to run it mullet without making the bike slacker than it already is. I haven't really looked into the details yet.

I've attached the geo change just by over-forking to a 160mm Lyrik.  Will calculate potential mullet numbers tomorrow after work.

Verbl Kint

« Reply #282 on: August 04, 2020, 02:13:41 AM »

I've attached the geo change just by over-forking to a 160mm Lyrik.  Will calculate potential mullet numbers tomorrow after work.

Using my elementary math knowledge, the resulting geo of a mullet build with a 160mm fork would approximately be:

• Fork Height: 571 mm (RS Lyrik 29)
• Head Angle: 64.25
• Seat Angle: 75.75
• Wheelbase: 1203.3 mm
• Eff. Top Tube: 593 mm
• BB Height: 341.1 mm
• Chainstay length: same
• Headtube Height: same
• Reach: -1.7 mm
• Stack: +10.1 mm

Assumptions:
• Diameter difference between 27.5 and 29 in. wheels is at 38mm
• Tires to be used are exactly the same model, just different wheel size
• No flip chips or anglesets or offset bearings used
• Mullet defined as the 29 wheel being in the front and the 27.5 wheel in the back (duh)

Guys with engineering backgrounds may want to chime in and correct the above.

Balboa

« Reply #283 on: August 04, 2020, 03:41:52 AM »
Is it specified already if there is a flip chip or not?

Gigelz

« Reply #284 on: August 13, 2020, 02:39:10 AM »
Is it specified already if there is a flip chip or not?
i hope and think that there is no flip chip ;D