Author Topic: Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy  (Read 62587 times)

FlaMtnBkr

Re: Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy
« Reply #405 on: March 14, 2021, 01:00:25 AM »
Anyone know the price for one frame before shipping and everything? Curious what kind of discount all this is for?

They don't seem to be very accommodating considering one of their employees came here and suggested a group buy and prices (at least I think so but could be confusing things since it's been over a year...) But they have to understand this is a website with people all over the world and not a business or a club from one area. There have been well over 50 people interested and probably twice that or more. And now that it's here but having to pay one person that no one knows, though I'm sure you're a good trust worthy person, then pay the rest to the company down the road, it seems like a pain and there are additional steps where something could get mixed up or go wrong, and there are now 2 people so far. Thats a lot of unsold frames that people were originally very excited about because they can't offer an easier solution where everyone places their order for what they want, they get an order number, and they pay for their bike shipped to their address, and they get a discount based on how many people end up ordering.

If something was wrong with a bike who is responsible? Is Miracle not going to handle the issue for a frame they built and shipped?

These companies could sell a lot more but have some basic things they need to understand and learn first. Transparency and uniform pricing and ordering are some big ones. A website with basic pictures and having to email to get *the price* and to place order doesn't help. I'm rambling but it just seems strange to me that a business that's trying to make money but makes the process difficult and with minimal info and just seems like doing things to *not* sell stuff.

I'll still buy one if anything ever happens. Or I'll wait until other frames come along that I like if it doesn't happen...

scourge

« Reply #406 on: March 14, 2021, 06:30:52 AM »
I was under the impression sitar-ned was doing the group buy. I feel more comfortable doing a group buy with the administrator of this site than a random member. Not saying this is a scam and you are not an doing a favor for everyone, it just fells wierd sending money to an unknown. I think that's why you don't have tons jumping in yet.

Thrill21

« Reply #407 on: March 14, 2021, 08:22:37 AM »
I was under the impression sitar-ned was doing the group buy. I feel more comfortable doing a group buy with the administrator of this site than a random member. Not saying this is a scam and you are not an doing a favor for everyone, it just fells wierd sending money to an unknown. I think that's why you don't have tons jumping in yet.

110% agree. Let the administrator deal with this, just removes any questions.

jabbajaw99

« Reply #408 on: March 15, 2021, 02:33:08 PM »
What is the plan for those in North America?
I agree with the previous comments, why isn't the admin dealing with this?

Jotegr

« Reply #409 on: March 15, 2021, 03:58:18 PM »
Maybe an admin doesn't want to? It's a lot of responsibility and I applaud the member who is attempting to do the legwork here. For me it's tough for 2 reasons though - I'm in Canada and not near GB first of all, and second I've ordered a small frame through the other supplier.

BIGOIL

« Reply #410 on: March 15, 2021, 05:59:52 PM »
Yes, XL

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #411 on: March 15, 2021, 08:18:21 PM »
I've reached out to a few sellers to see if they are interested in doing the group buy. You would pay directly to the seller and frame would be shipped directly to you. I'll keep the group posted.

EddScott

« Reply #412 on: March 16, 2021, 02:25:58 PM »

OK, to try and calm some of the very understandable fears on jumping in with this group buy.

I've contacted Miracle, Top Fire and Winnow and only Miracle and Top Fire responded. Both of which wanted 50% upfront.  Top Fire also suggested the frames were not the same.

If an alternative manufacturer is found that will allow individual payments to be made and go into production once 30 orders are received then I'm in on that.  Saves me the hassle for sure.

I've continued down the 50% up front route and decided to go with Miracle as they seemed the most helpful.

I wasn't sure how best to arrange the 50% - I had initially thought I would buy them all and then flog them once they were in the UK. Decided against it for various reasons but wanted to continue with the Group Buy.

As I am not making on the GB, I didn't want the grief of having to pay back paypal payments if the GB didn't work out - hence asking for gift payments - and only asking for money once at least 30 frames were paid for. The actual payment to Mircale is through Alibaba so has there Trade Assurance protection. The difference owed on each frame is paid directly to Miracle and would include paint, accessories and shipping.  If anyone chooses to back out along the way then I'd refund and put that frame back out to those that missed out or I'll have it shipped to the UK and sell it privately.

I don't think he'd mind but I have spoken with Sitar_Ned and this GB thread is now a sticky - although he is not directly backing the GB and has no accountability.

Totally understand folks reluctance to dish out money to someone they don't know. Like I said, once we got to 30+ and I ask for payments, you'll get my personal/work email and home/work address and my facebook profile etc. (I'm a financial adviser and I'd lose my career if the police came knocking) different countries tends not to matter these days with social media and I'm not about to lose what little online presence I have for ripping folk off.

I will go back to both Miracle and Top Fire and see if they will accept payments directly and go into production once 30 payments are received but they'll have the same issues if not all 30 frames are purchased. Trust me, it would suit me if they did.  Just wanted to help out and get this over the line.

jham

« Reply #413 on: March 16, 2021, 04:07:34 PM »
I am interested in 3 medium sizes matte black j-hamm

zilcho

« Reply #414 on: March 16, 2021, 08:03:11 PM »
I've contacted Miracle, Top Fire and Winnow and only Miracle and Top Fire responded. Both of which wanted 50% upfront.  Top Fire also suggested the frames were not the same.

Both of them are listing the frame as 150 rear, 160 front and geometry charts match.  Winow still says 140 rear, 150 front with same geo, too...so idk.  Would be nice to have some clarity on that before purchasing.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #415 on: March 16, 2021, 10:47:19 PM »
Working on quotes from 2 different sellers, no pricing yet. Accepting individual payments and direct ship is a requirement. Shipping is estimated at $160-$220 based on shipping to US and Europe. Lead time is 30-60 days, paint adds 2 weeks. Production will not start until all orders are finalized.

Anyone interested in adding a shock to their frame? Rockshox seems to be an option.  Will get more details if anyone is interested.

EddScott

« Reply #416 on: March 17, 2021, 03:03:20 AM »
OK.

RobertRinAustin - Jenny has asked if we're on the same forum and I've confirmed. Somewhat of a pain as I've been faffing with this for a while now but this is good news. I'm sure they communicate on some level. Both said no to individual payments previously.

Miracle have quoted me $540, Top Fire $560. Top Fire have said the frames are different. Both have said the Carbon used is Toray carbon. I also asked about wheels etc and these need 50% payment as well.

So, happy days, bit of a relief to be honest. Who we going with? RobertRinAustin - can you confirm between them if the frames actually are different?

As there is already a sticky for this, I'm happy to edit it for the new terms.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 03:07:52 AM by EddScott »

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #417 on: March 17, 2021, 09:10:08 AM »
OK.

RobertRinAustin - Jenny has asked if we're on the same forum and I've confirmed. Somewhat of a pain as I've been faffing with this for a while now but this is good news. I'm sure they communicate on some level. Both said no to individual payments previously.

Miracle have quoted me $540, Top Fire $560. Top Fire have said the frames are different. Both have said the Carbon used is Toray carbon. I also asked about wheels etc and these need 50% payment as well.

So, happy days, bit of a relief to be honest. Who we going with? RobertRinAustin - can you confirm between them if the frames actually are different?

As there is already a sticky for this, I'm happy to edit it for the new terms.
Thanks for all you've done. I figured you'd talked to the same people, but just played dumb. Doubt they would have agreed to individual payments if you hadn't done the ground work. I've asked both for full specs and geo to compare. I've also asked about payment options.

ChinerDetroit

« Reply #418 on: March 17, 2021, 10:28:45 AM »
I don't recommend Winow sports if you want timely replies to emails and timely delivery.  Been working on delivery of two (2) FS30's paid for in late december.  Still have not shipped.  My tantan out of stock frame waranty shipped before these "in stock" frames shipped.  Mind, I had custom paint, but 3+ months for a paint job ?  terrible service.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #419 on: March 18, 2021, 09:31:53 AM »
Miracle has agreed to take individual payments.  Everyone will pay Miracle directly.  See EddScott's thread that is stickied at the top of the 29" section.