Author Topic: Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy  (Read 62587 times)

freeride1

Re: Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2020, 04:03:31 PM »
Yes, there is an additional charge for paint. You can have any Pantone color you want but I think the ones included in the first post of this thread will be a bit cheaper if I understand everything correctly.

This thread was just to gauge interest to see if there was enough. As we approach the target number of 30, I'll set up some type of group excel sheet where everyone can enter their official order including paint color. We're pretty close currently so I'll do that fairly soon.

I'll put an image ad at the top of the form linking to the sheet so that everyone knows to go to it and enter their order details. There are still some things to work out but since the frame isn't even ready yet, I figure that gives us time to get things organized.

Many thanks for your organizing job !
Enduro, gravel, road rider from Italy

eminius

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2020, 03:35:24 PM »
Hi all..i was looking for  29 carbon from China...this looks promising but will we ever see at least real sample.....
I am In for a Large (~19")matte black ..i am 6.0,is this ok size ,can't figure it out 
 if we can hit the 30 frame for $499.   
Shipping to Zagreb ,Croatia

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2020, 03:57:35 PM »

No problem. Remains to be seen of we can pull this off but it's definitely worth a shot, especially if we can get the shock at a good price.

freeride1

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2020, 04:14:19 PM »
Hi all..i was looking for  29 carbon from China...this looks promising but will we ever see at least real sample.....
I am In for a Large (~19")matte black ..i am 6.0,is this ok size ,can't figure it out 
Shipping to Zagreb ,Croatia

Hi and welcome to the forum!
At 6,0 you're in between 2 sizes; Santacruz fit say 5'9"/6',1" -Large (17,5" Haideli)  6',0"/6',4" - XL (19 Haideli) both with 50mm recommended stem length.
Being a new school geo frame you should be right with 17,5"...I don't know what trails look like in your surrond, that could lead for the right size choice.

freeride1

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2020, 04:15:47 PM »

No problem. Remains to be seen of we can pull this off but it's definitely worth a shot, especially if we can get the shock at a good price.

I'm waiting an answer from Eddy about shipping cost to Italy, but probably I'll order 2 x 17,5" frames instead of 1.

scourge

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2020, 06:04:55 PM »
If we need to drum up some more people, I can start a thread on pinkbike. I was just holding off to see how close we get.

chetosmachine

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2020, 06:17:32 PM »
I know I will regret if I dont try it at least.
get me in!
1x 17.5 in, custom color, shipping to Switzerland.

FlaMtnBkr

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2020, 07:16:56 PM »
How many do we have at this point? Guess I can go count, but I think it's around 25. Seems like they could likely negotiate the same price even if a few frames short. I will be buying a set of carbon rims shortly and possibly a carbon stem and handlebar, so they may potentially get some additional parts sales if they honor the same price which might make up for a few frames short of 30?

Plus I thought there was another vendor that had mentioned a similar (maybe even better?) price with only a 10 frame purchase?

I had to stop riding for a few years due to health problems and now getting back into things and trying to get the latest trends to see how things have changed. I'm a bit of a bike s!ut and might even get 2 frames if necessary to make things happen.

I would also think with the whole Corona virus epidemic, sales would be down and a decent size order would be helping everyone out.

Anyways...I'm really looking forward to some good high res pics of the first frames coming out of the molds! And all the details that made it into the final production version.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2020, 08:44:27 PM »
Currently at 25. No need to count as I update the first post whenever there's a change.

Yes, there was another company that a forum member had said that they said $479 for 10 or something like that. I think Eddie basically said that they are both the same company and that pricing would be the same from both vendors. Maybe the other vendor spoke before they were sure they could honor that deal, and Eddie got the final word for pricing and then reported it here to us? Not sure, I did think of it but just decided to trust Eddie and move forward with his deal since he was active in the forum and there to answer questions.

As for us being a few short... yes, I'm assuming at least a few of the people in this thread that said they were in won't come through when it's actually time to commit. Which is fine, who knows what's happened to people's financial positions in the last month due to current events, so we'll get as many as we can to commit and if Eddie doesn't want to go through with the deal due to us being a few short (if that happens, hopefully, it doesn't) then that's okay too. He has that right.. the deal is 30. That doesn't seem like smart business to me because as you said it will lead to other product sales, brand loyalty within the forum, positive reviews of the frame being posted in the forum, etc.. That said, I don't know anything about the manufacturing costs and state of the industry. Things aren't always so simple.

Should that be the case, perhaps we can explore other options.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 07:19:17 AM by Sitar_Ned »

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2020, 10:15:55 PM »
Thanks for your all your interesting and supporting of Haideli.

The price would be the best price in the forum we offered here.
It can not find more cheaper price from any other factory for this our own mold AM831.

And so sorry for the delaying of the picture, weight and details, since the influence.
We think it would be shown on next week.
Hope everyone would be fine and overcome the "war".
Any help, feel free to contact me at any time.
We would be always here.

Thanks
Eddy

eminius

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2020, 02:35:21 AM »
Shipping to Zagreb ,Croatia,EU

Hi and welcome to the forum!

At 6,0 you're in between 2 sizes; Santacruz fit say 5'9"/6',1" -Large (17,5" Haideli)  6',0"/6',4" - XL (19 Haideli) both with 50mm recommended stem length.
Being a new school geo frame you should be right with 17,5"...I don't know what trails look like in your surrond, that could lead for the right size choice.

Hi all
i am in for 19 whatever will be...i still do not get how can u manage discount internationally...best thing would be,Eddie sends everyone here voucher to be able to buy a frame at discounted price of 500+shipping...

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:43:53 AM by eminius »

ball

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2020, 05:29:50 PM »
Have the shipping details been worked out? If so, I missed the post.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2020, 06:11:03 PM »
They will be shipped individually just as if you bought the frame normally.

Confused

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2020, 07:41:03 PM »
Yes - I am in for a 21.5

brewbakka

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2020, 05:55:09 AM »
@freeride1 did eddie give you a cost of shipping to Italy?