Author Topic: Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy  (Read 62430 times)

freeride1

Re: Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2020, 08:03:12 AM »
@freeride1 did eddie give you a cost of shipping to Italy?

No, still waiting cost for 1 or 2 frames, for sure with XDB or WXY courier
Enduro, gravel, road rider from Italy

Rod.GL

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2020, 01:06:03 AM »
Yes, please count me in. Size 16/small.
Color: Undecided
I'll hate myself both for missing this chance as well as the timing if this comes through... this Covid-19 thing has USD exchange rates at crazy numbers.
-Anybody knows rough estimates on shipping? (Perhaps from previous experiences)
-Any chance they could include a shock option with the group buy too? (Probably too complicated since people's preferences will vary greatly I suppose)
Thank you BTW, to those involved and stepping in with the coordination!

emu26

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2020, 02:13:55 AM »
I'll hate myself both for missing this chance as well as the timing if this comes through... this Covid-19 thing has USD exchange rates at crazy numbers.
-Any chance they could include a shock option with the group buy too? (Probably too complicated since people's preferences will vary greatly I suppose)

Yes, but not in a good way for a lot of us.  I'd be in but for how much the Aussie dollar has been hit.

Memphis

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2020, 04:12:09 AM »
Count me in - 21" - color undecided

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2020, 12:50:38 AM »
For the shipping fee you guys mentioned that since the influence, many airline have been cancelled, now a little expensive then before, so i will quote you the real price once the order confirmed, maybe when we can ship the shipping fee lower down, thanks for the supporting, and the sample frame have been done, just waited the alloy part to assemble, aslo many customer asked the rear shock, we would also checking available or not, thanks for all the understanding and supporting, take care.

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2020, 01:07:25 AM »
Picture attached.

And the Bottom bracket is BB92 not BSA.

kalssot

« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2020, 01:59:50 AM »
I send another photo that Eddy has sent me

Cheers

FlaMtnBkr

« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2020, 10:59:43 AM »
Is the BB just a BB92 for the test frame and production will be BSA?

I think many people prefer the BSA especially on a frame like this that will be pushed harder.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2020, 01:41:31 PM »
Yeah the frame being BB92 instead of BSA is going to be a problem for me, I think. Personally, I have a $350 set of Race Face carbon cranks that don't a lot of bb92 bottom bracket options that appeal to me.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 09:12:06 AM by Sitar_Ned »

freeride1

« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2020, 01:45:41 PM »
I don't see the problem with any crankset, just buy a pressfit bearing set...they cover every standard, from 24mm, GXP,30mm and the new Sram DUB.
Only con is the longer installation procedure

GuitsBoy

« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2020, 02:14:34 PM »
While I do prefer BSA if given the option, there are a number of "thread together bb92" bottom brackets available.  I have three different brands, and all work well.  Wheels MFG was the original.  Solid and well built.  I replaced the bearings with enduro bearings at 4k miles.  I have an Origin 8 which is also well built, but I have far fewer miles on it.  Lastly, I have a cheap $17 ZTTO brand thread together BB currently installed in my short travel XC bike. I also had to use a 24>22mm adapter to run my sram crankset.  It all works fine, and its hard to argue with the price.  When the time comes, Ill swap out the bearings for better quality, but the thread together housing is what matters.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33050046038.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dKyE5c2

freeride1

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2020, 02:25:19 PM »
Oh okay, gotcha. I didn't realize that actually. Thanks. In that case... I've been looking for an excuse to buy a blingy orange bearing set.

Ahahah ! RaceFace, so a Cinch interface in 30mm diameter? I've had a Next Sl and was a great crankset !

Rod.GL

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2020, 05:31:10 PM »

Yes, but not in a good way for a lot of us.  I'd be in but for how much the Aussie dollar has been hit.
Indeed must of us are on the losing end. Hopefuly things get at least slightly better by the time we have to actually pay. Otherwise I still have to give it a good thought/crunch some numbers.

swuw231

« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2020, 10:23:26 PM »
I believe the frame is still a first iteration, maybe its just me but I cant seem to find the hole for the shock to pass in between the seat tube, still its nice to see the first frames comming out  ;D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 10:29:03 PM by swuw231 »

Jotegr

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2020, 11:29:51 PM »
Hey Ned, would you mind adding a note above the geometry chart that says the sizes appear to be offset from the original? I'd hate for someone to only look at HTA/STA and then pick a size and be done. Wouldn't want you folks picking up the wrong size just in case.