Author Topic: Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy  (Read 62238 times)

freeride1

Re: Chinese SC/AM831 Group Buy
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2020, 02:15:15 AM »
I would like to be put down for a

Size: M (Santa Cruz's sizing L, did I understand the conversion correctly?)
Color: ?

I understand the situation/circumstance but I am still super excited to see more pictures.

Yes you're correct about sizing !
Enduro, gravel, road rider from Italy

emu26

« Reply #211 on: June 04, 2020, 01:03:06 AM »
Sitar put me on the list for future email and I'll confirm when I hear back from Eddy re max tire size.

Thanks

Edit: I'm out, ordered an FM10
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 06:13:25 PM by emu26 »

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #212 on: June 04, 2020, 05:47:57 AM »
Dear All of the friends:

Sorry for the delaying of the production, now updated the newest picture and progressing.
Now only 15" sample being finished, and the testing passed, without any problem.

Attached some pictures for reference.

It is BB92 bottom bracket for the BB.
And the weight is around 2335g for the size 15".

Tire: 29er 2.4"
Thru axle: 12*148mm

Any more information needed, feel free to let me know, i will checking ASAP.
Thanks
Eddy

sync1

« Reply #213 on: June 04, 2020, 06:07:16 AM »
Thanks for the update Eddy =)
The frame looks nice.

Some information that I would like to know:
Do you know when will the frame be available?
Will BB BSA73 be an option?
Can Haideli provide better linkage hardware and bearings as an upgrade (paid of course)?

Thanks

RDY

« Reply #214 on: June 04, 2020, 06:32:26 AM »
Dunno if that's just due to it being a proto, but 2.4kg is exceptionally heavy for a 15" frame of this type.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #215 on: June 04, 2020, 08:44:19 AM »
Sitar put me on the list for future email and I'll confirm when I hear back from Eddy re max tire size.

Thanks

Gotcha.

Thanks for the update, Eddy!

Jotegr

« Reply #216 on: June 04, 2020, 10:07:25 AM »
Dunno if that's just due to it being a proto, but 2.4kg is exceptionally heavy for a 15" frame of this type.

I'm somewhat loathe to engage this on this thread and not the discussion thread but here I go anyway.

You're right, it is heavy but keep in mind that the 15" is actually the medium and not the small. Personally I'm OK if this frame comes a bit on the heavier side if that means they use a few more layers of carbon fiber to make up for voids or other manufacturing defects.

Speaking of which, I don't know why you guys are insisting that you don't want PF86/92. It's simply the best standard for making up for shaky QC margins. I'm not going to accuse Haideli of being bad or anything, but it's certainly the safest option for a DTC Chinese frame!

RDY

« Reply #217 on: June 04, 2020, 10:53:04 AM »

I'm somewhat loathe to engage this on this thread and not the discussion thread but here I go anyway.

You're right, it is heavy but keep in mind that the 15" is actually the medium and not the small. Personally I'm OK if this frame comes a bit on the heavier side if that means they use a few more layers of carbon fiber to make up for voids or other manufacturing defects.

Speaking of which, I don't know why you guys are insisting that you don't want PF86/92. It's simply the best standard for making up for shaky QC margins. I'm not going to accuse Haideli of being bad or anything, but it's certainly the safest option for a DTC Chinese frame!

I was under the impression that recent Tideace stuff has been good quality with low tolerances, and Haideli / Tideace are the same thing.  But perhaps I'm wrong.

But maybe you're right. When you see stuff like that LT (who were unknown to me) VPP frame which is clearly a long way off in tolerances, and possibly other things you can't see, it does give some pause.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 03:52:37 PM by RDY »

SebbyJ

« Reply #218 on: June 04, 2020, 01:25:18 PM »
Nice to see some new pictures.
Eddy do you have a rough ETD for the other sizes (especially the XL version)?

Since there where no updates for a while, I started looking for an alternative frame and right now I am really close to pull the trigger on an original SC Megatower frame. And with really close I mean the next few days (already ordered the BB).
But if the other sizes also not that far from being produced and tested, I would wait another 2 months or so.

Btw guys, the original SC Hightower frame is about 2,8kg for the size M. So, 2,4kg is rather light.
You can check it here: https://gewichte.mtb-news.de/product-16419/santa-cruz-full-suspension-hightower-v2-cc

FlaMtnBkr

« Reply #219 on: June 04, 2020, 02:54:47 PM »
Can we get dimensions for the shock "tunnel"? I guess mainly the width as that seems to be the main limiting factor for a coil shock. An estimated time frame for the other sizes to get finished and production to begin would be great. We can make guesses but I imagine you have a much clearer picture on your work force, production capacity, and typical time line for design and testing. Also, in addition to a price for a high end hardware option (bolts, bearings, linkage, etc ?) a price range for a single color paint job up to a more complex multi color paint that requires masking and taping.

I'm sure it would be helpful to some to have a ballpark price for the frame and options that are wanted.

Chineserisker

« Reply #220 on: June 05, 2020, 01:29:00 AM »
Great to see photos!

The frame does appear to be slightly on the heavier side, but if that translates into durability, then it may be acceptable.
You mentioned testing, can you share some insights on how are you testing it? I do aggressive riding and I would like to have peace of mind that the rear triangle is not gonna snap sending me to an ER :)

Appreciate it!

Bajker

« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2020, 03:35:24 PM »
Thanks for the photo update! Looks very nice.

Regarding weight im not concerned, if it was lighter I would be. This weight is what I would expect on an all-mountain frame.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #222 on: June 07, 2020, 12:19:59 PM »
Eddy - can you confirm the seat post size is 31.6?

Thanks

lRaphl

« Reply #223 on: June 07, 2020, 05:30:12 PM »
Well, it took me a while before taking a decision of what type of bike I wanted next. Put me in for this frame!

Size: medium (17.5)
Color: UD matte
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 07:30:03 AM by lRaphl »

YEEPYEEP

« Reply #224 on: June 07, 2020, 09:49:16 PM »
Thanks for the update, frame looks solid. Is the 15' sample a size medium or large?