Author Topic: Hydraulic Brakes on LightCarbon LCR006-D  (Read 2312 times)

Maternicus

Hydraulic Brakes on LightCarbon LCR006-D
« on: May 07, 2020, 10:16:39 AM »
I am planning an open mold carbon frame road bike build and am currently deciding between the LightCarbon LCR006-D, the LightCarbon LCR015-D, and the Dengfu R06.  I have two questions.

1. Does anyone have any experience with these companies and/or frames that could help me make a final decision?

2. The rep from LightCarbon insists that none of their frames can accommodate hydraulic disc brakes and only mechanical disc brakes can be installed.  I am finding this hard to believe and I think there might be an issue with translation here.  I see in this picture, showing the cable routing on the LCR015-D, what appears to be a Shimano 101 hydraulic disc brake being installed on the frame.  Has anyone installed hydraulic disc brakes on either of these frames?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 11:33:06 AM by Maternicus »

RDY

Re: Hydraulic Brakes on LightCarbon LCR006-D
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 10:30:24 AM »
Can't be true.

No-one is ever going to run mechanical discs on a high end road bikes. Either hydraulic or rim caliper / Vs.

They're only a thing on cheaper MTB and hybrid builds.

Maternicus

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 10:36:18 AM »
Thanks RDY.  This is exactly what I was thinking.  The potential misinformation does raise some concern with LightCarbon on the whole.  From what I can tell they are highly regarded but...

YEEPYEEP

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 07:34:19 PM »
Thanks RDY.  This is exactly what I was thinking.  The potential misinformation does raise some concern with LightCarbon on the whole.  From what I can tell they are highly regarded but...

Any updates on the build? thinking of buying the light carbon frame.

Maternicus

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 12:49:15 PM »
I did order the frame and, as I suspected, the hydraulic disc brakes work just fine.  I put the frameset through several inspection points since there is so much talk about quality issues with Chinese carbon and it passed all of them.  The only issue I could find is that the rear tire was very slightly off center by about 1mm but I can likely fix this with some minor modifications to the frame.  I have put about 100 miles on the build thus far and I am very happy with the bike.  I even ran an endoscope down the tubes to get a better look at the quality and it looks like they did a great job on the carbon layout.  I would definitely recommend this company and I love this frame.

RGTC2

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 09:55:02 PM »
Thats the LCR015D right? Looks awesome with that paint!

How much did the frame cost with the paint?

Maternicus

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 12:06:28 AM »
Thanks.  Yes, that is the LCR015D.  I did the paint job myself and admittedly geeked out a bit on the whole process.  All done with rattle cans, water slide decals (laser jet printer) and a 2k gloss finish.  Oh, and gold leaf gilding.     

Maternicus

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 12:08:55 AM »
The frameset was about $500 USD but the shipping cost was about $250 because they had to use DHL.  Before Covid I believe shipping was about $100 but took much longer.

Koka1984

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 01:56:39 PM »
Hey Maternicus,
can you do some detailed photos of the downtube? Especially how slim the downtube is compared to the bottom bracket.
I considered to buy a LCR006-D from LightCarbon cause of the super slim downtube and the low reach compared to stack geometry but they have a MOQ of 50 sets...