Author Topic: Powerway hubs  (Read 1517 times)

endo.alley

Powerway hubs
« on: June 18, 2020, 11:15:49 AM »
I am wondering if anybody has had experience with Powerway hubs. How do they compare to other name brand hubs? Reliability? Weight? etc. I am looking into buying some new carbon wheels for an mtb. And these are one of the options.

RDY

Re: Powerway hubs
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 02:56:55 PM »
No experience, but general hierarchy and opinion seems to suggest:

Powerway > Novatec > Bitex

Some of Ridea's range seems to have a good reputation too.  But not widely used or available.

RobertRinAustin

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 07:12:04 PM »
I thought the consensus was Bitex over Novatec. I've seen the Powerway hubs but haven't heard much about them. My googlefu didn't turn up much when I last searched.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 10:34:01 PM »
I'm running 2 pair....I break things,
 I haven't broke these yet.  I'd purchase them confidently

velofreak88

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 01:53:11 PM »
I have a 4-year old wheelset build with R36 model. It has a mileage of about 9000 km (ridden only on races and weekend club rides, mostly in dry conditions). After first summer season I noticed that the freehub got chewed in by the sprockets already but this is typical for an aluminium body. For example, mavic's freehubs are of steel. I have an old Ksyrium equipe set with about 15-20k km of mileage with no chew ins, only slight, surface corrosion tarnish. The rattle is pleasingly loud thanks to the three-pawl ratchet but there is absolutely no seal between the freehub and the hub flange so any bit of wet riding and you have to disassemble it, clean and lubricate ( for this I am using shimano's mineral brake fluid). Thankfully the disassemly is easy. As for the rolling, it's smooth, the bearings seems to be of good quality. However after first season I noticed a bit of rolling resistance in the front hub and discovered that it's the dust caps that I think got a bit grinded off on circumference making the contact surface with the flanges not smooth. Applying a little bit of grease dos not help it but I can live with that.