Author Topic: Where to find spare derailleur hangers?  (Read 837 times)

bladechapman

Where to find spare derailleur hangers?
« on: July 25, 2020, 11:14:40 PM »
Hey all, has anyone had luck with finding hangers outside of ordering them direct from the manufacturer? I have no problem doing so, but I’m hoping I can make my bike last and I don’t know if I trust the manufacturer to stock hardware for a frame years and years after they stop manufacturing it.

Are there any good alternative resources to identifying and ordering hangers?

Side note, I ride a TanTan FM08 / LightCarbon LCFS713

Thanks!

emu26

Re: Where to find spare derailleur hangers?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 05:43:02 PM »
This is probably the best source I know of although I haven't tried replacing a china carbon hanger.  I suspect you will probably have to do a visual search to find the copies of the ones you have. Might be best to spend the time doing that before you damage the existing one and need a replacement.

https://derailleurhanger.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpujwzf3r6gIVyn8rCh3A4Q1wEAAYASAAEgKaqfD_BwE

This link is the shop page, it shows pics of all 21 pages of hangers they sell but it also allows you to search by manufacturer, no Tantan isn't listed, by mounting position and also by number of fixings.  Should help narrow down the selection a little.

https://derailleurhanger.com/shop/

Of course, you can always order a second hanger when you order the frame but if you're anything like me you won't b able to find where you put it should you need and then it will magically re-appear years after you sell the frame.

carbonazza

Re: Where to find spare derailleur hangers?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 02:40:17 PM »
If you are not in a hurry for a replacement.
You can ask the seller to send you one or two.
Their shipping price for small items are generally cheap.

When ordering a frame for me or someone else, I always order another hanger.
Breaking a hanger is a rare event, but on a trip I always have one with me.