Author Topic: Carbonda Cfr 1056  (Read 90673 times)

Aussiemandias

Re: Carbonda Cfr 1056
« Reply #405 on: January 24, 2022, 09:31:24 AM »
Based on your experience and that of others and after a long period of research, I've decided to go with the CFR 1056 frame. I've sent an email to info[at]carbonda.com a few days ago expressing my interest in buying a frame from them. I haven't heard anything since and I'm now wondering if there's a better way of contacting them? I'm also not sure how much I should be paying when negotiating.

jstrawks

« Reply #406 on: January 24, 2022, 09:41:01 AM »
I dealt with Katie. You could try her: katietan@carbonda.com

I didn't negotiate. I paid the prices they quoted.

Aussiemandias

« Reply #407 on: January 24, 2022, 09:49:57 AM »
Thanks for the quick and informative reply! I've forwarded my original email to that address.

Greenred

« Reply #408 on: January 24, 2022, 09:56:40 AM »
It’s Chinese New Year, likely you won’t hear back until mid February

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #409 on: January 24, 2022, 04:45:50 PM »
Based on your experience and that of others and after a long period of research, I've decided to go with the CFR 1056 frame. I've sent an email to info[at]carbonda.com a few days ago expressing my interest in buying a frame from them. I haven't heard anything since and I'm now wondering if there's a better way of contacting them? I'm also not sure how much I should be paying when negotiating.

From what Wing told me recently, they’ve been very busy and a lot of their frames have been selling out, plus with Chinese New Year’s I’d be expecting to wait a little while. They almost certainly will get back to you soon.

Just an FYI, I had to wait for about a month after placing my order and paying before my FM1002 shipped.

FritsK

« Reply #410 on: January 25, 2022, 06:47:20 AM »
I recently ordered a Carbonda CFR 1056 in size XL. I'm planning to use it as an endurance roadbike.

My contact at Carbonda was Wing. She was really helpful, send me loads of mails just to be sure she had the right green color. Eventually I decided to make them paint a colortube ($15) of my prefered color. That turned out really wel if you asked me. I reffered to the green on the Scott Addict eride (without the chameleon), they managed to get it spot on if you ask me. I'm going for the matte.

I based my design on the Tarmac SL7 (but matte), with a hint of Scott Addict Eride. A bit more black than intended but overall I'm very happy. Hopefully the green vs black will be a bit more visible outdoors / IRL.

Dates:
26 nov - Ordered the colortube
7 jan - Recieved the colortube movie (the colortube was finished earlier Wing said, but 'someone took it' and went missing)
10 jan - Ordered the frame, fork, headset, tru-axles, rear derailleur hangers, seatpost clamp, some spacer and some extra bits
22 jan - Recieved pictures of the painted frame
24 jan - Recieved tracking no.

Chinese New Year is coming up so hopefully the frames leaves China before that.  ;)

I already ordered and recieved my LightBicycle AR46 wheels, new saddle, Ultegra SPD-SL paddles and some bits and pieces. Still not sure what to do with the groupset. Aiming for fully integrated mechanical Ultegra (or maybe a DI2?), but these aren't cheap now, I you can get your hands on one in the first place. Maybe I'll go for something like a Sensah Empire until the prices go down (if...).

I'm almost sure I'll be going for the FSA ACR stem with a compatible bar with low reach.
Carbonda CFR 1056

Aussiemandias

« Reply #411 on: January 25, 2022, 09:47:16 AM »
Thanks for the quick and informative reply! I've forwarded my original email to that address.

Katie got in contact with me right away, so thanks again. She's (or they - could be a group of people sharing that email - whatever) been very quick at send me a mockup of my requested paint and decal customisation. I'm still deciding whether to go for fully integrated - I think it's going to be easier to work on if I don't, but when I see those FSA examples on this thread, I've got a feeling I might go with my heart.

I was given a quoted figure of USD195 for shipping by air, but given that I'm in no hurry and I still have to source the rest of the components, I'm thinking I should go with a surface option instead and save the dough for better bits. Anyone else gone with surface shipping?

Aussiemandias

« Reply #412 on: January 25, 2022, 09:50:22 AM »
Katie got in contact with me right away, so thanks again. She's (or they - could be a group of people sharing that email - whatever) been very quick at send me a mockup of my requested paint and decal customisation. I'm still deciding whether to go for fully integrated - I think it's going to be easier to work on if I don't, but when I see those FSA examples on this thread, I've got a feeling I might go with my heart.

I was given a quoted figure of USD195 for shipping by air, but given that I'm in no hurry and I still have to source the rest of the components, I'm thinking I should go with a surface option instead and save the dough for better bits. Anyone else gone with surface shipping?
I'm going with Sensah Empire, then upgrading over time as the cash becomes available and there are some better deals around. I've already gone with that for a restomod I'm working on. Get it on the road/track and then after a bit of time with the bike, look at upgrade options armed with that experience.

jannmayer

« Reply #413 on: January 25, 2022, 12:25:14 PM »

I requested surface shipping for my CFR707, but they shipped by air anyways. It may have been compensation for the manufacturing delays, but I didn't inquire about it.

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #414 on: January 25, 2022, 03:34:26 PM »
24 jan - Recieved tracking no.

Chinese New Year is coming up so hopefully the frames leaves China before that.  ;)

I got the tracking number for my FM1002 on that same day but it still hasn’t been picked up — just says “package ready for UPS.” Please post when yours actually ships and I’ll do the same; I wonder if they’ll go out at the same time.

jannmayer

« Reply #415 on: January 25, 2022, 03:39:21 PM »
Mine showed "ready for UPS" for a while. UPS didn't get the package until it arrived in the US, and then it was only a couple days before I had it. There doesn't seem to be much visibility into where anything is before it reaches UPS.

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #416 on: January 25, 2022, 03:45:34 PM »
Mine showed "ready for UPS" for a while. UPS didn't get the package until it arrived in the US, and then it was only a couple days before I had it. There doesn't seem to be much visibility into where anything is before it reaches UPS.

That’s good to know, I’d been wondering if that was the case. Rather a relief actually, to think that it may be in transit rather than just sitting in a warehouse in HK waiting to be picked up.

How long did it take from when Carbonda gave you the tracking number until you received your frame?

jannmayer

« Reply #417 on: January 25, 2022, 07:15:26 PM »
That’s good to know, I’d been wondering if that was the case. Rather a relief actually, to think that it may be in transit rather than just sitting in a warehouse in HK waiting to be picked up.

How long did it take from when Carbonda gave you the tracking number until you received your frame?

Wing told me it shipped on October 26 and gave me the tracking number when it arrive in Hong Kong on October 30. The UPS tracking showed that they received it on November 5, and I received the frame on November 8.

Oddly, the tracking info shows the frame went from Hong Kong to Anchorage and then back to Hong Kong before arriving in California...

FritsK

« Reply #418 on: January 29, 2022, 07:15:26 AM »
I got the tracking number for my FM1002 on that same day but it still hasn’t been picked up — just says “package ready for UPS.” Please post when yours actually ships and I’ll do the same; I wonder if they’ll go out at the same time.
25th Jan: Item accepted
28th Jan: Shipment departed from warehouse.
No idea which warehouse though  ;D But it looks like the frame is on it's way.

Are there any recommendations on compact bars that could be used with FSA ACR stem (so a big hole in the middle) that don't cost more than $ 150? Can't really find any that are (super) compact. Alloy / Aluminum is good enough. I've seen the Prime Primavera. That's one I'll keep in mind.
Carbonda CFR 1056

king_solom0n

« Reply #419 on: January 30, 2022, 07:30:39 PM »
This thread has been a been big help in ordering my first Chinese frame. Thank you to everyone who has contributed! I placed my order on January 15 and got tracking info on the 26. But so far UPS tracking says just the label has been created. I went with a purple and green chameleon paint. Gonna build with Light Bicycle AR46 wheels and SRAM Rival AXS groupset. Hoping to get it around 8.3-8.4 kg's.