Author Topic: Carbonda Cfr 1056  (Read 90717 times)

FullCarbonAlchemist

Re: Carbonda Cfr 1056
« Reply #420 on: February 01, 2022, 02:50:23 PM »
This thread has been a been big help in ordering my first Chinese frame. Thank you to everyone who has contributed! I placed my order on January 15 and got tracking info on the 26. But so far UPS tracking says just the label has been created. I went with a purple and green chameleon paint. Gonna build with Light Bicycle AR46 wheels and SRAM Rival AXS groupset. Hoping to get it around 8.3-8.4 kg's.

The tracking should become active within a week or so of when you got it. The total time between when I got my tracking number to when I received my frame (FM1002) was under two weeks.

Aussiemandias

« Reply #421 on: February 01, 2022, 03:49:57 PM »
I recently ordered a Carbonda CFR 1056 in size XL. I'm planning to use it as an endurance roadbike.

My contact at Carbonda was Wing. She was really helpful, send me loads of mails just to be sure she had the right green color. Eventually I decided to make them paint a colortube ($15) of my prefered color. That turned out really wel if you asked me. I reffered to the green on the Scott Addict eride (without the chameleon), they managed to get it spot on if you ask me. I'm going for the matte.

I based my design on the Tarmac SL7 (but matte), with a hint of Scott Addict Eride. A bit more black than intended but overall I'm very happy. Hopefully the green vs black will be a bit more visible outdoors / IRL.

Dates:
26 nov - Ordered the colortube
7 jan - Recieved the colortube movie (the colortube was finished earlier Wing said, but 'someone took it' and went missing)
10 jan - Ordered the frame, fork, headset, tru-axles, rear derailleur hangers, seatpost clamp, some spacer and some extra bits
22 jan - Recieved pictures of the painted frame
24 jan - Recieved tracking no.

Chinese New Year is coming up so hopefully the frames leaves China before that.  ;)

I already ordered and recieved my LightBicycle AR46 wheels, new saddle, Ultegra SPD-SL paddles and some bits and pieces. Still not sure what to do with the groupset. Aiming for fully integrated mechanical Ultegra (or maybe a DI2?), but these aren't cheap now, I you can get your hands on one in the first place. Maybe I'll go for something like a Sensah Empire until the prices go down (if...).

I'm almost sure I'll be going for the FSA ACR stem with a compatible bar with low reach.

I'm being offered the fully integrated option and the partially (normal) integrated option. Does that mean there's any difference between the frames? Or just the type of bundle they offer (i.e. aero handlebars etc.)? If there's actually no difference between the frames, I'd go for the cheaper option and source my own bar, stem and so on.

jstrawks

« Reply #422 on: February 01, 2022, 04:05:32 PM »
There are two versions of the fork. On one, the front brake line enters the fork leg and then exits the fork leg higher. On the other it exits the steerer tube for routing up through the head tube and out the top of the headset. From there you can go fully internal through an appropriate integrated bar and stem, or a bar/stem combo. I went with FSA's ACR/SMR headset/stem combo and the Prime handlebars. My brake hoses are internal from the calipers to the levers.

jannmayer

« Reply #423 on: February 01, 2022, 04:06:48 PM »
I'm being offered the fully integrated option and the partially (normal) integrated option. Does that mean there's any difference between the frames? Or just the type of bundle they offer (i.e. aero handlebars etc.)? If there's actually no difference between the frames, I'd go for the cheaper option and source my own bar, stem and so on.

I had the same choice for my CFR707. The semi-internal option has ports in the frame to run the cables through, and those won't be present on the fully integrated option. The semi-internal one will also come with a solid headset cap while the integrated one will have holes for the cable routing.

It would be possible to switch a semi-internal frame to fully integrated by plugging the frame holes and swapping the headset parts. They should be able to quote you frame-only for either option so you can decide if it makes more sense to chose your own bars.

I went with the semi-internal option on my CFR707 so that I can experiment with my fit more easily. I like the looks of the integrated routing, but I'm not will to give up the ease of assembly and maintenance for that just yet.

FritsK

« Reply #424 on: February 03, 2022, 04:04:57 PM »
I went for the fully integrated option. Wing has send me a quick drawing of the routing inside the fork.
I'll build the rest of the cockpit with a FSA ACR stem and Prime Doyenne bar.

I got the tracking number for my FM1002 on that same day but it still hasn’t been picked up — just says “package ready for UPS.” Please post when yours actually ships and I’ll do the same; I wonder if they’ll go out at the same time.
My last update was 1st of februari, saying: "Flight waiting to take off". I wonder if the flight ever left the ground.
Carbonda CFR 1056

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #425 on: February 03, 2022, 05:01:00 PM »
My FM1002 showed up a few days ago, about 3D after the UPS tracking became active. Maybe a different method was used or they’re shipping from different warehouses.

carbonazza

« Reply #426 on: February 07, 2022, 08:16:42 AM »
...and SRAM Rival AXS groupset...

Do you have it already ?
Any first impressions, pictures available ?  8)

king_solom0n

« Reply #427 on: February 08, 2022, 02:47:06 PM »
Do you have it already ?
Any first impressions, pictures available ?  8)

Unfortunately I don't have it yet. And it's looking like I won't have it until the second half of the year.

Aussiemandias

« Reply #428 on: March 01, 2022, 11:13:32 AM »
I went for the fully integrated option. Wing has send me a quick drawing of the routing inside the fork.
I'll build the rest of the cockpit with a FSA ACR stem and Prime Doyenne bar.
My last update was 1st of februari, saying: "Flight waiting to take off". I wonder if the flight ever left the ground.

Where did you source the stem and bar from? I'm looking for extra options to compare pricing.

jstrawks

« Reply #429 on: March 01, 2022, 11:18:36 AM »
I'll respond also, as I have the same bar and stem. I bought my headset and stem from FSA, and I bought my bars from Wiggle.

Irideslowly

« Reply #430 on: March 01, 2022, 02:21:05 PM »
You can get the prime Doyenne bars on wiggle or chaincyclereactions

tankusb

« Reply #431 on: March 02, 2022, 08:42:27 AM »
I want to use the CFR1056 for cyclocross but wondering about tire clearance. I may need 35MM tires + a few mms for mud on either side. Anyone have any similar experiences with this frame?

I have the CFR696 already but want something lighter for racing cross.

Thanks!

patliean1

« Reply #432 on: March 02, 2022, 09:27:14 AM »
You can get the prime Doyenne bars on wiggle or chaincyclereactions

I have both the carbon and alloy version of the (Primavera/Doyenne) handlebars. Both are they are lovely. I actually wish I could use them on my fully integrated frames without going the FSA system route.

FritsK

« Reply #433 on: March 02, 2022, 04:52:41 PM »
Where did you source the stem and bar from? I'm looking for extra options to compare pricing.
I got my Doyenne handlebar from Wiggle and my stem directly from FSA shop. I couldn't find the handle bar anywhere else. The stem (80mm) wasn't in stock at my regular resellers. So got it overseas.

I have both the carbon and alloy version of the (Primavera/Doyenne) handlebars.
Which of the two do you prefer and why? Or aren't there any noticeble differences?
Carbonda CFR 1056

FritsK

« Reply #434 on: March 02, 2022, 05:22:48 PM »
Eventually I got the frame the 9th of february. Without any status update (still showing "Flight waiting to take off") a courier all of a sudden delivered a big box.  8)

See some photo's attached for the result of the paint in the frame. I'm VERY satisfied how this turned out. Got the last bits to build the frame up just yesterday.
Hoping I can make a start this weekend! Keep you posted!

BTW: Sorry for the late update.
Carbonda CFR 1056